When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced 1934 Colson Mickey Mouse tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Payment Terms
Bank Check or Cash
Zipcode

Chicoberm

Look Ma, No Hands!
Here’s my 1934 Colson Mickey Mouse tricycle that had an amateur restoration job on it many years ago. They only made this Colson trike in one year. Also comes with a picture I bought at Disneyland over 25 years ago.
I’m asking $2,975 for the Mickey.
Could be $ 80-100 to ship.
A rare trike!!

9614B496-B0F6-4450-BD6E-3D1061A98C00.jpeg

36EFE48D-636E-437A-B41F-CD200EA43A50.jpeg

1E53FF11-3243-4E1E-A0ED-2B07099D914C.jpeg

FD0DA4AC-3CD6-40C2-BDA5-5091E7F618EF.jpeg

81526B20-6898-4BB3-9734-8F9018387202.jpeg

44330FEF-79A8-41ED-9EEA-31F14A963AC2.jpeg

CA51E362-92BA-487B-BAB3-86A7BEB9B977.jpeg

93B8B4D7-B17B-43B5-AA01-071811A5A504.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got that same Disney photo. Can't remember where I bought it from years ago...possibly on ebay. This is the earlier version of the Mickey trike. The later version had an art deco looking badge and a more streamlined saddle. Wish I could afford a genuine Mickey trike. :( Hope this one goes to a good home. Here's a CABE topic showing the later streamlined version if you scroll down: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/n...oduction-experiences.45273/page-2#post-258347

Dave

I've got that same Disney photo. Can't remember where I bought it from years ago...possibly on ebay. This is the earlier version of the Mickey trike. The later version had an art deco looking badge and a more streamlined saddle. Wish I could afford a genuine Mickey trike. :( Hope this one goes to a good home. Here's a CABE topic showing the later streamlined version if you scroll down: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/n...oduction-experiences.45273/page-2#post-258347

Dave
I believe the Mickey trikes came in different sizes too, along with a couple different head badges.
I’m stoked you have that photo of the trike, too.

I believe the Mickey trikes came in different sizes too, along with a couple different head badges.
I’m stoked you have that photo of the trike, too.
I keep the photo on display with my Hallmark KCC Mickey Mouse tricycle model. Close as I'm ever going to get to a real Mickey. ;)

Dave

Dave
The picture is from thee Disney archives and there was a gift card that was made from it. They were sold in the art gallery in Walts apartment above Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland. I got to stay in it for xmas and my 40th bday in 1994 with my kids and work with the gardening crew after the park closed, my professional career was inspired by a 1958 visit and ride through storeybook land. I have had about five MM trikes. Only 2 complete originals you can see my 20” in the Disney Family Museum in SF at the Presidio I also owned the pair of wood rockers in the roof ledger in the gift shop. I was Walts daughter and son in law’s gardener for over 30 years. The photo below is my 12” original complete with sign and green seat. It lives in the main salon of my yaht ….. its my most prized possesion of 30 years of bike collecting. The photo is from a fathers day tribute i did to Ron Miller after he passed at the Vintage 1870 concoarse car show in Yountville Ca where they lived.

There were two badges used i believe the trike came out Xmas 1933 and the last production was in 1938. I have the 1935 literature some where i believe Scott has a set i sold him as well as the set in the museum with my trike. I am not sure which badge was first but literature of 1935 shows your badge. The Colson badge on mine was used on early motorbike Colsons so I always assumed the trikes with that badge were the first models 33/34, and the shielded badge was 35-38 i have had many colson 38 trikes with that badge.

Last edited:
The picture is from thee Disney archives and there was a gift card that was made from it. They were sold in the art gallery in Walts apartment above Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland. I got to stay in it for xmas and my 40th bday in 1994 with my kids and work with the gardening crew after the park closed, my professional career was inspired by a 1958 visit and ride through storeybook land. I have had about five MM trikes. Only 2 complete originals you can see my 20” in the Disney Family Museum in SF at the Presidio I also owned the pair of wood rockers in the roof ledger in the gift shop. I was Walts daughter and son in law’s gardener for over 30 years. The photo below is my 12” original complete with sign and green seat. It lives in the main salon of my yaht ….. its my most prized possesion of 30 years of bike collecting. The photo is from a fathers day tribute i did to Ron Miller after he passed at the Vintage 1870 concoarse car show in Yountville Ca where they lived. View attachment 1718865

There were two badges used i believe the trike came out Xmas 1933 and the last production was in 1938. I have the 1935 literature some where i believe Scott has a set i sold him as well as the set in the museum with my trike. I am not sure which badge was first but literature of 1935 shows your badge. The Colson badge on mine was used on early motorbike Colsons so I always assumed the trikes with that badge were the first models 33/34, and the shielded badge was 35-38 i have had many colson 38 trikes with that badge.
What an amazing story!!! I can’t believe you got to see Diane!! I wanted to meet her at the museum because I heard she enjoyed visiting there frequently.
I miss the gallery above Pirates - it was such a great place to visit!!
I’ve been to the WDF museum many times and I always took photos of the MM trike on display on the second floor and I wanted to swap the grips for ball end grips to make it correct. Here are some photos from the museum.
Thanks for posting that photo and telling your story!! Awesome!!!
Cheers
Dave
2D27102E-F078-45EA-A23F-FABA7D6F0513.jpeg

The picture is from thee Disney archives and there was a gift card that was made from it. They were sold in the art gallery in Walts apartment above Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland. I got to stay in it for xmas and my 40th bday in 1994 with my kids and work with the gardening crew after the park closed, my professional career was inspired by a 1958 visit and ride through storeybook land. I have had about five MM trikes. Only 2 complete originals you can see my 20” in the Disney Family Museum in SF at the Presidio I also owned the pair of wood rockers in the roof ledger in the gift shop. I was Walts daughter and son in law’s gardener for over 30 years. The photo below is my 12” original complete with sign and green seat. It lives in the main salon of my yaht ….. its my most prized possesion of 30 years of bike collecting. The photo is from a fathers day tribute i did to Ron Miller after he passed at the Vintage 1870 concoarse car show in Yountville Ca where they lived. View attachment 1718865

Wow...that was a very interesting personal history with the Disney family to read. Thank you for sharing it. I can positively believe your MM tricycle is your most prized possession. I'd feel the same way! The information you provided about MM trike production dates is very interesting. I have a news service photo dated Dec. 7, 1935 showing a display of MM tricycles in the streamlined version. I figured either they were still being made in 1935 or the stores had enough left over stock from '34 to continue offering them for sale. Here's the photo I mentioned:

Mickey1935a.jpg

Mickey1935b.jpg

What an amazing story!!! I can’t believe you got to see Diane!! I wanted to meet her at the museum because I heard she enjoyed visiting there frequently.
I miss the gallery above Pirates - it was such a great place to visit!!
I’ve been to the WDF museum many times and I always took photos of the MM trike on display on the second floor and I wanted to swap the grips for ball end grips to make it correct. Here are some photos from the museum.
Thanks for posting that photo and telling your story!! Awesome!!!
Cheers
DaveView attachment 1718874
she was like my mom i helped her with the museum thenpointed grips were on the trike when i got it i got the 12” much later with the ball end

Back