When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced 1934 Colson Mickey Mouse tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Payment Terms
Bank Check or Cash
Zipcode
Wow...that was a very interesting personal history with the Disney family to read. Thank you for sharing it. I can positively believe your MM tricycle is your most prized possession. I'd feel the same way! The information you provided about MM trike production dates is very interesting. I have a news service photo dated Dec. 7, 1935 showing a display of MM tricycles in the streamlined version. I figured either they were still being made in 1935 or the stores had enough left over stock from '34 to continue offering them for sale. Here's the photo I mentioned:

View attachment 1718896

View attachment 1718897
the museum maybe interested in a copy of that photo i dont want to steal it without your permission.

I have some photos of the one in the Walt Disney Museum. But it'll take some time to find them.... I think they are on my old computer.

I have some photos of the one in the Walt Disney Museum. But it'll take some time to find them.... I think they are on my old computer.
there is one posted that trike a 24” orig girls duck bike and the 1933 wooden mickey and donald duck rockers i gave to Diane Disney Miller when she was putting together the museum. I also took care of and stored the first and last cars that belonged to Walt for Ron Miller her husband after she passed took them to the Pixar celebrity car show and the Walt Disney Museum Gala for them . 1963-1/2 Sl230 mercedes which starred in the movie “that Darn Cat” and his 1926 Moon Roadster (check the hood ornament photo). The cars are now owned by Joanna Miller Walts grandaughter and are in Santa Cruz (Bonnie Doon/Davenport) California.

2D5CD40A-CA68-41CC-97F2-3AE1BFAC1FDA.jpeg

945A5959-2A88-48F1-86D6-5164B53F31AB.jpeg

The picture is from thee Disney archives and there was a gift card that was made from it. They were sold in the art gallery in Walts apartment above Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland. I got to stay in it for xmas and my 40th bday in 1994 with my kids and work with the gardening crew after the park closed, my professional career was inspired by a 1958 visit and ride through storeybook land. I have had about five MM trikes. Only 2 complete originals you can see my 20” in the Disney Family Museum in SF at the Presidio I also owned the pair of wood rockers in the roof ledger in the gift shop. I was Walts daughter and son in law’s gardener for over 30 years. The photo below is my 12” original complete with sign and green seat. It lives in the main salon of my yaht ….. its my most prized possesion of 30 years of bike collecting. The photo is from a fathers day tribute i did to Ron Miller after he passed at the Vintage 1870 concoarse car show in Yountville Ca where they lived.

There were two badges used i believe the trike came out Xmas 1933 and the last production was in 1938. I have the 1935 literature some where i believe Scott has a set i sold him as well as the set in the museum with my trike. I am not sure which badge was first but literature of 1935 shows your badge. The Colson badge on mine was used on early motorbike Colsons so I always assumed the trikes with that badge were the first models 33/34, and the shielded badge was 35-38 i have had many colson 38 trikes with that badge.

An interesting story! and trike.

That’s Fabulous!
Thanks for all of the back story and trivia.
I’ve been to a couple of seminars at the local model railroad shows, where Roger Broggie has put on a program on the early days of Disney, and it is fascinating how the whole thing came about.
Big boys playing with their toys.
I would’ve loved to been hanging around Carolwood back in those days.
I’m sure those guys kind of missed the innocence of that time, once everything took off and turned into a monster.

Here’s mine. Same condition as when I bought it. One of these days when I catch up (ha) I'll gently clean this up.

View attachment 1720320

View attachment 1720321

View attachment 1720322
Scott i am not sure we ever had this conversation but like the 20” trike i put in museum, your trike i believe substantiates the theroy Micheal from the museum believed that badge with single rivet like the Colson poster/decal that was in with all the Colson literature you got from me along with the long spring seat made this the Xmas 1933 early trike as released at the New York Toy fair. Now the 12” trike i have has the streamlined seat license plate sign and the same badge as shown in the literature being the second releasing. So if you remember the 1938 yellow balloon tire trike i had at Ann Arbor (not a mickey) had the shielded badge like the 38 loop frame i also had, this trike was still being made in 1938. Being as Walt was merchandising after the depression to recover from his bankruptcy, this continued well after the war due to its success with Shelby and the Donald Duck bike. Most of these trikes were made in green however the bike/photo from the Disney Archieves is in blue, Paul Genaro had a 16” that was done in black and cream however the fender had been done in house paint. I bought it sold it to i believe Sam Dickenson. i never got it restro painted, I did restore a wagon which Bob Rose of Ceres Ca had hand painted by an artist. Diane gave me a letter of permission since i displayed it in my calistoga ca museum. She retained all the copy rights for what was then Walt Disney Productions. There were many copy cat artists that were doing copies of Disney charactersmore recently (90’s) and they formed a board in the company and required an approval by her. I had a watch that she had never seen before or approved i took it off my wrist and gave to her so that the attorneys could research the making…. it was a Director watch with several images of her father directing film and annimation. It was removed fromthe gift shops on main street in disneyland. I still have the restored wagon. It was made bu desoto 1933/1938 also.

Last edited:
Back