When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Curse of the Breezebino

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It must be a glitch in their system, and it’s reading the ‘D’ as a ‘9’. Or something.

I have no idea what is causing the issues on that site and Pat has tried to fix some of the problems, at least he says he has. After many years I finally got him to change his BS line that said your bike was "Built On", to your SN was stamped on. So I know he's been trying to clean up that messed up site. I personally dislike the whole format set up, and never go there unless I need to find out where someone says this or that trying to prove some misinformation. For internet posted catalogs I use Tom Findley's scans that are now posted on Waterford's site when Tom knew he wasn't going to last much longer. He did pass away, and his site is now inactive.
Here's Tom's scans if you haven't come across them yet.

The actual serial number list has it's flaws also. I've come across countless errors over the years and lost track of how many. I know this is one reason why Pat's serial lookup is flawed, but there have been way too many wrong on his site that were not related to any of the actual list's errors.

classic Schwinn styling, but with a modern derailleur in place of that antediluvian Sturmey-Archer three-speed pain-in-the-butt.
I don't mean to get into a discussion of the relative merits of derailleurs vs. three-speeds (they're all good). But I feel compelled to defend the Sturmey-Archer three-speed. I find they provide enough range of gears for casual riding with no muss, no fuss. 50 million Brits can't be wrong.

I don't mean to get into a discussion of the relative merits of derailleurs vs. three-speeds (they're all good). But I feel compelled to defend the Sturmey-Archer three-speed. I find they provide enough range of gears for casual riding with no muss, no fuss. 50 million Brits can't be wrong.
Having now ridden with a fully-functioning S-A three-speed hub on my '55 Corvette for a couple of months, I can say that my previous poo-pooing of said unit may have been unwarranted.

Back