When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lime 1963 Schwinn Sierra

-

Pedalsnostalgia

Finally riding a big boys bike
As found, kind of rare 1963 Sierra 15 speed in very nice original condition. Ill disassemble this winter and polish, re grease and replace a few wear items ( tires, brakes and so on ) if anyone has any NOS or Like new parts I may be interested. this one will be fun.

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6454.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

What a premo example in my favorite color! Is the pie plate solid or slotted? Kinda looks like slotted, but the picture doesn't blow up.

-----

California license cannot be earlier than 1977

that was the first year for the statewide system

-----

-----

California license cannot be earlier than 1977

that was the first year for the statewide system

-----
The license is from Pleasant Hill Cali. if it wasn't half picked off I would have left it but I was successful at removing it with out messing up the paint.

-----

wonderful to find it so all original and without damage! 🥳

have always wondered about the maker for the chainwheels and these chainsets

they "look" like they might be Cyclo of France or possibly Peyrard (NERVAR) but have found no maker's mark

does anyone know?

-----

-----

wonderful to find it so all original and without damage! 🥳

have always wondered about the maker for the chainwheels and these chainsets

they "look" like they might be Cyclo of France or possibly Peyrard (NERVAR) but have found no maker's mark

does anyone know?

-----
The crank set is stamped Huret on 1961.5 and later models.

Wow...really nice condition!
Congrats.
Oops...forgot to hit the "post reply" button after I wrote this yesterday.
Now I'll add that I've never seen one on a bike, but I have a couple of these triple chainsets that are branded Sprint.
Don't know if they were put on the '64 models or not. Never been close enough to a '64 to see for myself.
This is one that I put on my '63 model.

-----

1667421904886.png

a number of european manufacturers produced chainwheels with this six-bolt pattern

Sutherland lists -

T.A.

Lambert

Haubtman

NERVAR (Peyrard)

Simplex

Solida

Zeus

others include Cyclo (France), Magistroni, Fratelli Brevio

"usually" with sets of this pattern the Y-adaptors are separate pieces which can be either steel or dural and mount to the arms of a three-arm spider 116mm BCD crank arm

in this Schwinn design the Y-adaptors are integral with the spider

---

Eric - why do we see one of the bolts affixing the inner chainwheel mounted head in and the other mounted head out? (third bolt hidden by crank arm)

-----

Back