When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Record Pedals

-

borgward

Finally riding a big boys bike
1971 Lady's Raleigh Record. 2 different pedals. One on the left is asymmetric. I notice pressure into the ball of my foot. I have to tip the pedal over 180 degrees with my toe so that it feels comfortable. Original to the Record? I am guessing it is made to fit a shoe lug? The right side pedal seems normal. Either side normal for the Raleigh?

Left_Pedal.JPG

Right_Pedal.JPG

-----

left one is a replacement
design is made for use with toeclips
awkward to use without

right one is original

-----

-----

left one is a replacement
design is made for use with toeclips
awkward to use without

right one is original

-----
The left one looks like these, sans the gold plating https://www.ebay.com/itm/275505267847?campid=5335809022. Where to get original style pedal? saw lots of sets w/rubber lugs? on eBay.

Are right and left pedals right hand thread? Do I need pedal specific to the Nervar crank? Do different brands use different thread sies?

Where to get original style pedal? saw lots of sets w/rubber lugs? on eBay.
If you search Rat Trap Pedals on ebay, you'll find new pedals that look just like the original beginning at $20.
The reversible square rat-traps are all steel.
If you plan to ride the bike, This would work just fine and be an improvement over the poor-condition mismatched pedals on it now.

The one-sided touring and period racing pedals made specifically for toe clips have alloy cages.
These are KKT that I bought in 1978 to replace the steel rat traps on my '77 Grand Prix, recycled later on a different project (this is the '57 Lenton frame).
1728041 1728042

Oldest photo I have of that Grand Prix - this is how I rode it through the '80s amd '90s.
If you rode your bike, it was pretty much the norm to improve it.
This has Zeus/Rigida wheelset that changed its nature, and many quality upgrades from stock.
If you didn't ride your bike, people on CABE want it today.
gp1.jpg

Last edited:
Back