When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
It's beginning to look like a bike, for a budget build anyway. Note the hole through the seat post tube.

The cup holder is very useful and great cycle truck for those trips to the store but…….in a word Firestone….Lmao! Can I get a love from all you who are waiting as impatiently as I am for tacochris to bust this gem out!?!

View attachment 1728260
🤣🤣You're killing me smalls! Lol

I wasnt terribly forthcoming as to just how much rust repair this frame needs but rest assured I have a junk girls frame that's already cut up I can use the chain stay section from and then repair the cuts under the downtube. Honestly i was really hoping to find the rack and struts for the front before I put it on the road....I hate putting a bike on the road without all its correct pieces. Like leaving the house in a suit but with no pants on!

Good afternoon Caber’s!
Couldn’t resist a little poke at Tacochris this morning! He had me laughing hard this morning. Love that guy’s work! After poking at him it was time to get my own rear in gear! Stripped the 1950 straight bar down and cleaned, color sanded, cleaned again and clear coated it.

5C3BCE29-CA4C-49DE-BAED-666335B486C1.jpeg

F65C61DF-2ACB-40EF-922D-995CCA63D692.jpeg

098CD47D-6B90-400B-B89C-25E8F818CDC3.jpeg

To keep my back happy I fitted roadster handlebars to the mountain/tandem, that of course means longer cables which mean replacing all of them. I used 7 1/2 feet of housing on the rear brake alone.

Meanwhile I replaced some parts I’d borrowed from the old Nishiki. I’ve taken and replaced so many bits on this poor old thing to keep other stuff running that I’m not sure what the original bits looked like in some cases. Silly thing is, whenever I need a bike and the weather is iffy I can drag this old thing out and know it’ll run perfectly and comfortably, whatever I throw at it.

I am debating whether to apply filler to smooth out these factory welds on the ‘36 Schwinn frame I am using to build up as a klunker. I had the frame blasted 2 years ago and cannot remember if these areas had lead filler. After blasting there was a little of it remaining where the middle tube meets the head and down tubes. I would appreciate help particularly from anyone familiar with these early hand welded frames.

As it is not a back to original build I am inclined to use some filler but kind of like the roughly finished welds pointing to a different era in Schwinn’s history.

I found this old listing for a similar frame. Looking at the photos is appears the welds on the 2 top tubes are made smooth with filler and the welds at the bottom bracket are not.

Last edited:
Back