When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940’s Schwinn X Excelsior Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Keewee

On Training Wheels
I am looking for information on this bike. X Excelsior. Best guess is 1940’s though owner believes her cousin was riding it in late 30’s. Will eventually list for sale for a relative. Sorry photos aren’t better. There are a few Schwinns in one of these photos. Referencing the maroon one in back ground.

E0617798-143D-4EAE-BFE4-447CC030180A.jpeg

94FC3B4E-205C-4F0E-9126-A97BB45003A2.jpeg

14EBD29D-B7F0-43F1-9DD5-7686D4DE2E75.jpeg

18164EF2-BA83-4D0D-B9B3-0CE897078FA0.jpeg

Post war models, both of them. Possible 1946 on the green one.
I'm pretty sure the blue one is a b6. Seems easier to find information on that one. Late 40's b6. Peoria King Springer.
Any idea what the value on the X Excelsior is? Lot less of those around.
Thank you BTW.

Serial #'s will tell the yr. but a girls bike ( and a plain one ) is not worth a fraction of a boys!, nice badge tho!

Serial #'s will tell the yr. but a girls bike ( and a plain one ) is not worth a fraction of a boys!, nice badge tho!
Ballpark? My relatives are really getting on and need to clean out. (I'm sure you can tell from the state of the garage it's in a state. They might also eventually need the money. I can see them living over 100. ) As much as I would love to have some of these things myself, I don't have the space. Also I live in the mountains. If I lived on the coast and could use these as beach cruisers, I would. As it is, it's probably time to get the into the hands of the people that value and can take care of them.
I'll probably list a few of their vintage Schwinn's in January. They've got a bit of a cache. The Excelsior is the only girls bike.
Thank you.

Yah, that's blue, not green.

Here's an example. So if it's cleaned up maybe comparable in price.

Back