When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Cycle Truck information on cross-over parts....fenders?

-

Fifthcenturycheese

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am trying to restore my January 64 Cycle Truck, having a difficult time figuring out the correct fenders. Rear is called out as a 5200CT and the front is a 5099, which I think is a juvenile 20in. balloon front? The frame measures 2- 3/4 " wide where the rear fender attaches to the frame. What rear fender should I look for, how wide is it? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike

1964.jpg

I am trying to restore my January 64 Cycle Truck, having a difficult time figuring out the correct fenders. Rear is called out as a 5200CT and the front is a 5099, which I think is a juvenile 20in. balloon front? The frame measures 2- 3/4 " wide where the rear fender attaches to the frame. What rear fender should I look for, how wide is it? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike

View attachment 1731919
Hola and welcome to "the tribe of cabers" simple answer is yes,if do you wants to use the service/parts factory manuals! In real life, some parts are going to breake your piggy bank, I saw that bike when was on sale, you can use a regular Schwinn 20" balloon and regular rear 26" (must be 3" wide) some people use even the wald chrome,it's up to you if do you wish stick to the full restoration or just for ride and fun! Here's some pics from
the factory part numbers, you will need the correct seat 7000 whit rivets, and more parts for your winter project! Have fun!

20221114_004545.jpg

20221114_004406.jpg

20221114_004357.jpg

That's too weird! My 62 Corvette 5 stainless fenders are 2-3/4 wide, but they're indented slightly for the stays. I can't understand why a Wasp fender doesn't fit looking at this parts list.

1668403260965.png

View attachment 1731919
HOLA! @Fifthcenturycheese ! What happened to your SCHWINN cycle truck project?

Project was shelved for a bit, accumulating parts when I find them. Still looking for fenders, found the correct riveted seat. I pick up parts when they become available.

Back