When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Bike

-
Yes as far as I know it is original and evidence is pointing at Dec ‘47 or early ‘48 for the year. I’m not 100% certain

The serial sequence number 48,523 is fairly high, about the middle of the D\CW-series, (about halfway to the 99,999 mark).

UPDATE.....
I sprayed the frame today with what Rust-Oleum calls "Chestnut Brown" with a "Khaki" fade at the neck!!! As always the color selection was not as anticipated. The brown I was expecting a darker/vintage shade. The khaki was expecting lighter. It looks like a chocolate bar with caramel!!! I'm not displeased, New paint is new paint!!! 48 hour cure time before clear. I'll use that time to strip and prep the fenders, chain guard, etc.... Everything else will be brown except the rear rack will be that khaki. I may attempt a khaki stripe on the chainguard similar to the existing stripe. The chrome pieces on the springer I was able to remove the rust but it is still a little pitted. I'm considering painting those black but haven't decided yet.

315450547_1078576329492235_3089319306519327058_n.jpg

315446533_847085846443307_778386973303721715_n.jpg

oh, and if you decide to take apart and rebuild your springer, patience is a virtue. In my experience, they suck to put back together.
I disassembled the springer today and wasn't as bad as I thought. I was expecting those springs to be under greater compression and difficult to work with. I just hope I can reassembled everything!!! I took pictures of everything I did along the way!!!

WOW, there was alot of OG paint that would have cleaned up😥 with 0000 wool & WD or even a oxy bath!, a little to quick with the spray can, if you were going to sell it the value really took a drop! Edit, sorry just my opinion, big mistake, only OG once and alot of people would have loved to own a og CWC motor/Whizzer frame.

Last edited:
No worries.... that seems to be the culture in here and I am always open to critique. The frame perhaps could have been cleaned, but the fenders and chainguard had a lot of caked on rust. I had posted previously whether or not to paint over an original. Had it been in better shape I probably wouldn't have but I really do not have a feel for what is salvageable. I wasn't event considering resale value as much as just having some creative fun. Sacrilegious lol? Thanks for sharing your feedback!!!
WOW, there was alot of OG paint that would have cleaned up😥 with 0000 wool & WD or even a oxy bath!, a little to quick with the spray can, if you were going to sell it the value really took a drop! Edit, sorry just my opinion, big mistake, only OG once and alot of people would have loved to own a og CWC motor/Whizzer frame.

Back