When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...11/20/22

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Tiss the season to visit our family and picking through the pole barns, basements, garage lofts, sheds and attics for those collectibles that the family have put away.

So let's see what classics you've found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include pictures as we do love pictures!

Overland pedal car plus neat bicycle shop picture.

100_0444.JPG

100_0445.JPG

100_0446.JPG

100_0450.JPG

I picked up this quite rare Fire station beacon siren. its a " Eagle Beacon Siren" from 1938 in un-touched original condition with all its original "STOP" Command lenses.. it was left behind hanging in the garage of a retired fire fighter when he moved.. the new owned didn't want it so I gladly purchased it and brought it home..

s-l1600 (38).jpg

s-l1600 (44).jpg

s-l1600 (40).jpg

s-l1600 (46).jpg

DSC03773.JPG

223b7f8de3950ca6fa88172d8c157b2f0ef5fbdd.jpeg

I got my '38 Schwinn Motorbike this week. I swapped the repop black chain tread tires for some clay repop brick tread, and added a NOS S/W speedo. I plan to wire in the light and horn with period correct cloth covered wire, and possibly run a battery so I can push the rare Delta mushroom handlebar button to sound the horn.

Staying consistent, while helping load a couple of vintage outboard motors I sold for a late friends estate, I bought another one for my growing collection. ( that makes 10) A 1954 Johnson 5.5. My late friend was a Master marine mechanic for over 55 years and his talent was amazing. Most of his ( internal/external) final paint restorations were "farmed out" for modern durable automotive shop paint finishes, but many were color matched and hand rattle canned by himself. This was one. Durability is so/so, color and finish is great, but it's an ornament as I no longer own a boat, and the motors are display now.

Among the parts being liquidated at his old shop I came across a fancy boat bow light that sparked my interest in all things shiny and streamlined. It's quite minty with just a quick damp towel wipe down, chrome polish to follow today. I got lucky and found the correct vintage NOS 12" chrome flag mast on Ebay last night, so it will be complete soon with a suitable flag. I wonder if it will fit the front fender of my Bluebird? Ha!! Just kidding.

To compliment my obsession with vintage marine, along with vintage everything, my vintage K&O metal toy model outboard motor collection is growing as well. I added a hobby ( almost exact to the original/looks original) store K&O stand to display and operate them. Push button, light bulb lights, prop roars to life.

My G/F will be delighted when she comes home from visiting her Mom out of town and sees I've shoe horned another full size outboard into the "inner" Man Cave. Hey, living with a collector has it's perks, doesn't it? Hopefully her vitamins control her frustration with my collecting passion? Ha!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American buddies. We have our's back in October. One of the little differences in our holidays. Don't eat too much. Cheers! Bob

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

For me, a Bluebird has never been one I felt obsessed to have. I have owned a couple of the big Blues but it was easy to let them fly. With this rare orange bird, all I can say, love at first sight! The Flying Merkel is my Bluebird.
Thank you for Shawn @Freqman1 for allowing me to be the next caretaker of this iconic treasure.
Photo credits (of the Merkel) by Dave Stromberger

4DC9DE51-862C-4BB4-ABF0-13A89FCCE7DD.jpg

1919-Flying-Merkel-1-1024x791.jpg

1919-Flying-Merkel-4-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back