When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn's impact on an ebike

-
I hooked up the shifter to be a throttle, so it is super dangerous. I have a kill switch on the bars just in case. The bike sports a Sachs duomatic, and can go about as fast as you can pedal fast. I need to update the lead acid batteries to something modern and lighter. If anyone wants to help me with that, please reach out sometime.
My buddy owns Oside Erides and builds customs, give him a call and I’m sure he’ll hook you up! Text me..,

Like it or not, E-Bikes are becoming the wave of the future in today's bike industry!

You can snub your nose at them, but that is exactly what the Schwinn executives did with MTB back in the 70's, and look how that turned out for them............LOL

them landfills be fillin' up right quick in a few years with short shelf life ebikes!!!

The main thing with disposal is what to do with the batteries and electrical parts. They contain some nasty materials that require special disposal. Then there's the issue of people zooming along on these things on the multi-use/bike trails and getting into accidents... I get that people enjoy these and want to buy them, and that's fine, but they are kind of a separate category of conveyance from a regular bicycle due to the increased sustained speeds they reach.

Last edited:
THEY SHOULD ALL BE DESTROYED !!
0526BEFB-5D85-4FEC-A6B3-45A02B9CC32E.jpeg

Like it or not, E-Bikes are becoming the wave of the future in today's bike industry!

You can snub your nose at them, but that is exactly what the Schwinn executives did with MTB back in the 70's, and look how that turned out for them............LOL

Yep. They will be refined. Maybe eventually more hydrogen, but for now its growing immensely and freeing up everything from city streets to used for war to make silent entry.

One difference is many idolize politicians and make it a political stance ot of spite. And this is definitely not the best forum to expect anyone to like. We are mostly old dogs and there's that new tricks things people get stuck on.

I will say though, Ive ridden road with some good groups and even in the past 6 years you'd be shocked at how many old guys joined with ebikes, or got too old to keep up but could now keep up. And that's just awesome!

Last edited:
Yep. They will be refined. Maybe eventually more hydrogen, but for now its growing immensely and freeing up everything from city streets to used for war to make silent entry.

One difference is many idolize politicians and make it a political stance ot of spite. And this is definitely not the best forum to expect anyone to like. We are mostly old dogs and there's that new tricks things people get stuck on.

I will say though, Ive ridden road with some good groups and even in the past 6 years you'd be shocked at how many old guys joined with ebikes, or got too old to keep up but could now keep up. And that's just awesome!

Yep, I am one of those old dogs who was lucky enough to be in the business back in the 70's and had a front row seat for the evolution of mountain bikes. I just wish I had the foresight back then to predict the MTB industry would be the billion dollar industry it is today, I may have done things a bit different 45 years ago. So how far will this E-bike thing go with the new GREEN AGENDA???? Can anyone predict that?

I am in my 60's, and have had some issues with my knee the past year, and couldn't ride much. I have been looking at the E-bikes because of it, and the price is what has kept me from buying the ones I like. A few hundred bucks for a vintage Cruiser is nothing, but $3000+ for a quality E-bike takes a big chunk out of the budget when you are planning for retirement in the next few years........!

Back