When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Frame to build a beach cruiser?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well I guess that perfect is a personal perspective! Mine are far from show room perfect but in my mind have perfect heart and soul! Lmao

image.jpg

image.jpg

I want to build a cool beach cruiser. I was thinking S-2 wheels, block tires, 3-speed w/coaster brakes, stingray bars and a comfy seat. For cruising San Diego boardwalks. What are the best frames to start with? I have seen them built with Typhoons, Corvettes, Racers, Etc. I really don't know the differences in all the models. I like bikes with some personality to them as compared to a standard store bought bike. And I think it would be a fun project to build it.

I just bought a '62 Fleet but I am starting to like it kind of as it is. It is nothing special but I get comments on it every time I ride it.

Thanks!

I have a 1979 black Spitfire frame if that may be something you may be interested in?

I had a 3 speed coaster brake Stingray with a stick shift many moons ago though I have never heard of a 26" wheel with one. have no idea what the hub was but as I recall everything was Schwinn Approved.
It would have been a Sturmey Archer 3 speed coaster, same hub used on the 26 inch, the shifter would also work just need longer cable.

I ordered some parts for my Fleet and while at it, I picked up a 2 speed kickback hub and 3 speed SA hub. Next I will have to learn to build wheels so I can put the 3-speed hub on it. Well, not really "next" as I don't have a frame or starting point for my build yet. But I am collecting parts and the 3 speed is the plan. I will probably put the kickback on my Fleet. I do like riding it but the single tall gear is tough in boardwalk traffic.

Back