When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying Baby Bowden

-

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've had a Xonex black model Bowden bicycle for many years and was finally able to buy the Full size bike that was made possible by Caber friends and being in the right place at the right time and the recipient of good Karma. I like the small black model but it lacks the "Wow factor" being black,

so I bought a red miniature model planning on displaying it somehow with my Outer Space Blue Bowden. The theme for the bike really is a "space ship" motif so why not have it flying? My whole collection is pretty diverse, but space age and flight and streamlined is a staple that is well represented. I have planes all over the place, many hanging in flight. Having grown up in the 50's/60's/70's was fun and things were designed with futuristic traits, somewhat a spin off from the art deco styles of the 1930's. It's in good company with a Huffy Radiobike above on it's own flight path overhead.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Bowden bikes Bob.. You really have the COOLEST man cave or as I like to call them "Toy Rooms".... I have dreams of having such a toy room as you do... You truly are a Lucky man.. Thanks for sharing... Mark..
Thanks buddy. The Cabe helps inspire my madness. I am lucky. I'm lucky I'm "mad" or I'd wonder what the heck I am doing? I think more than a few of us can relate. Ha!

how much do you charge for tours of your home? I could spend a whole day in there, probably come back the next day to look again.

my collection (minus bikes) fits in an 8 X 12 room.... I used to think I was so cool. 😩
Cabers are welcome here anytime free of charge. Having friends share the collection is a big part of the fun. When I post all these pics, that's my goal. My stuff is a fraction of some others collections on the Cabe and elsewhere. Some folks prefer to remain private, and I respect that too. I hope showing this stuff isn't considered "boasting" because that's not me. An 8 x 12 room of a collection is fantastic. One bike, no bikes, no man cave/women cave is totally cool too. I enjoy looking at others finds, buys, or ideas. My collecting started with rocks, minerals and gems almost 60 years ago. I'm still a cave man. Hunter and gatherer? Thanks for all your kind words. Everyone.

Back