When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Frame to build a beach cruiser?

-
@Xlobsterman where are you located? I am leaning towards something in the metallic blue because that was what I had as a kid, but I am also open minded.

I am on the East Coast, and I am willing to ship. I do have 2 Cruiser style frames I have been thinking about selling? One is the 79 Black Spitfire, and the other is an 84 Cruiser 5 frame in red. Out of the 2, the red is in better condition, but it is one of the frames made by Murray for Schwinn, and is actually the last year the Cruiser bikes were built in the USA.

I can get some pics of both if you may be interested? But I don't have a Blue frame.

Here is a pic of the red one before I parted it out.

Hey man, I’m in Oceanside and might have something for you! Hit me up sometime!

My favorite frame for a beach cruiser are the later Cleveland welding Roadmaster frames.

Long top tube and laid back seat mast make for a roomy comfortable ride. They are also very strong and readily available in the form of the reproduction Luxury Liner frame. There’s a couple on ebay now. You can search for a 50’s or 60’s built frame but will pay more.

I built the bike below using a reproduction Luxury Liner frame (USA made), forged Schwinn fork with front brake mount, Electra ape hanger bars and a bargain 7 speed wheel set. It is quite light since it runs alloy rims and is missing all the accessories.

I love the Schwinn straight bar and cantilever frames too and have one of each but being 6’2 I find them a little cramped compared to the Roadmasters.

Last edited:
Back