When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pumping Up A Tire

-
If an air compressor has a gauge it is usually for the tank pressure not the tire pressure.

Correct, and if you have a pressure regulator you will, or should have another pressure gauge so that you can set the regulator to a specific pressure.

Vince, I'm a leg man so no problem. ;)

I use a combination of the above.

After assembly, I use a hand pump to seat the tube and the tire bead and check it all the way around. Then, I added a separate regulator to my small compressor before the gauged inflator accessory. (the better one from HF). If the tire max pressure is 45, I set the regulator to just under 40 to be sure I will not over inflate. Then using the inflator tool with gauge, I bring the tire up to 40 PSI.

I think everyone on the Cabe could use a little upper body exercise and a floor pump is as good as it gets....the electric pumps are nice, but bringing a tire up to pressure with a floor pump is a good thing.....I usually go 5-10psi over what the tire says to get some extra help with pedaling these heavyweight bikes....I have not blown a tire in over 10+ years so I would say pump them up!

I think everyone on the Cabe could use a little upper body exercise and a floor pump is as good as it gets....the electric pumps are nice, but bringing a tire up to pressure with a floor pump is a good thing.....I usually go 5-10psi over what the tire says to get some extra help with pedaling these heavyweight bikes....I have not blown a tire in over 10+ years so I would say pump them up!

I doubt @Handle Bar Hoarder will agree with that! 😂

I doubt @Handle Bar Hoarder will agree with that! 😂
LOOK AT THAT PHYSIQUE 🧐🤓😎

I use a Joe Blow pump with schrader on one side of the head and presta on the other. I have a roadbike that takes 130 PSI and the gauge goes beyond that. you especially need a bike pump if you have cheap Kenda tires to get them to seat right... I avoid those and try to use vintage tires only on my special Schwinn goofy tire rims.

another benefit of a hand pump is you can bring it with you when you go places. my compressor is bolted to the floor and will not fit in my car. 🤪

Back