When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok what the heck is this TOC Tandem?

-

tanksalot

I live for the CABE
I’ve been lucky finding interesting bikes lately . This is a 1890s Rear Steering Tandem. This means either person on the bike can drive the bike. I believe this might be a 1896 Barnes And Sterns Flyer . I’m open to any info anybody may have and correct parts . The correct parts that are on this bike are the frame the fork the steering linkage and the seat post . All the other stuff looks to be of a 1970s overhaul. The good news is the bike is rideable!!! This being said I plan on doing a total tear down and rebuild with correct looking period parts at some point in the event I can’t track down original parts. If any of my bike friends have parts for this please PM me. Is the bike in the last photo the same bike with out the rear steering? Thank you for any help.

Thank you for any help.

This is so awesome when you have a chance can you please send me close ups of the specs and option paragraphs . It will be a huge help in my attempt to restore the bike.
that is the best I have. I got screen shots of that catalog a few years ago, a guy in Poland had them for sale for far more money than I would spend.

Back