When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Silver King Hex Frame Data

-

FamousCarz

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,
I'm new to the Silver King Owners Family.
I was lucky to find what appears to be a 1936 M-1 model with built-in lock.
I purchased the CABE 1934 to 1948 Silver King book to learn more about this bike and the hex tube frame style that I'm entertaining purchasing.
Unfortunately, unless these old eyes missed it, I didn't see anything about the hex tube model.
Lots of great advertising and photos but incomplete for a newbie.

Is anyone aware of other documents or literature available on the clean designs from Monark?
I'd really like to see spec sheets with photos.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi,
I'm new to the Silver King Owners Family.
I was lucky to find what appears to be a 1936 M-1 model with built-in lock.
I purchased the CABE 1934 to 1948 Silver King book to learn more about this bike and the hex tube frame style that I'm entertaining purchasing.
Unfortunately, unless these old eyes missed it, I didn't see anything about the hex tube model.
Lots of great advertising and photos but incomplete for a newbie.

Is anyone aware of other documents or literature available on the clean designs from Monark?
I'd really like to see spec sheets with photos.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
From what I've seen Monark didn't have spec sheets but the description was in their ads. Unlike a lot of other manufacturers their ads were fairly general and didn't offer specific component descriptions. The book you have has the Hex Tube on the last few pages. The Polizzi book also has a couple of ads as well but you aren't going to learn what pedals were used, what seat was used, etc...

From what I've seen Monark didn't have spec sheets but the description was in their ads. Unlike a lot of other manufacturers their ads were fairly general and didn't offer specific component descriptions. The book you have has the Hex Tube on the last few pages. The Polizzi book also has a couple of ads as well but you aren't going to learn what pedals were used, what seat was used, etc...
Thanks for the informative reply. Too bad on limited info for these bikes. I checked again and didn't see hex frame data... darned eyes. ;^)
Where can I find/buy the Polizzi book on the Silver King bikes? I have the Polizzi book on the Shelby bikes.

Thanks for the informative reply. Too bad on limited info for these bikes. I checked again and didn't see hex frame data... darned eyes. ;^)
Where can I find/buy the Polizzi book on the Silver King bikes? I have the Polizzi book on the Shelby bikes.
Reach out to the site owner @sm2501 for a copy. What are you're specific questions about the Hex Tube?

I'm looking for serial number matched to years along with the model#'s to components on those models. Seems from the other models that are covered fairly well that there was always a Standard and a Deluxe model.

There is only one model for the Hex Tube bikes. They were made ‘46-48. Like all postwar Monarks they have a data plate on the bottom. Here is a pic of my data plate. Kinda hard to see but it is a ‘47.

There is only one model for the Hex Tube bikes. They were made ‘46-48. Like all postwar Monarks they have a data plate on the bottom. Here is a pic of my data plate. Kinda hard to see but it is a ‘47.

View attachment 1744302

View attachment 1744303

View attachment 1744304

View attachment 1744302

View attachment 1744303

View attachment 1744304
She's a beauty!
So if they only had 1 model, all of them were equipped with springer forks, head and taillights, fenders and rear rack?
What about seats? I've seen 2 or 3 different models ranging from standard spring seat to streamlined seat with aluminum swish like emblems to a toolbox seat with the same emblems. Are the seats and lights optional? Also noticed the interesting aluminum housed speedometer on some of the other models...

She's a beauty!
So if they only had 1 model, all of them were equipped with springer forks, head and taillights, fenders and rear rack?
What about seats? I've seen 2 or 3 different models ranging from standard spring seat to streamlined seat with aluminum swish like emblems to a toolbox seat with the same emblems. Are the seats and lights optional? Also noticed the interesting aluminum housed speedometer on some of the other models...
I’m only talking about the Hex Tube bikes (post war). There was a lot of variety on the 24” pre war bikes. Hex Tubes are 26” bikes. There are slight variations in the three years of Hex Tubes but not much.

Back