When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
Reference from the 1917 catalog.
1917_10.jpg
1917_09.jpg

How it started. 1922? Schwinn.
20210104_133849.jpg

Got these metal clad wheels, but I think originally they should be Maple. Maybe by 1922 they were using metal clad?. The sprocket is probably too big, but I have some other options.
20210131_124748.jpg

Found matching tires from two different vendors at the long beach swap. For dispay only.
20210523_191853.jpg

I love these pedals and crank.
20211213_150420.jpg

How the project is going:
20221027_144836.jpg

20221027_144844.jpg

Pulled some Monark parts out that have been on the shelf for a bit.
I always seem to clean the old paint off of the best part of the chrome first. You can see the right leg didn't fair as well in the pic below. If you don't clean them, you don't know though! Oh well.

This is the frame that I pulled the "Excalibur" of a seatpost out of. If it didn't already have a name on the chain guard, that's what I would name it.

Since the wheels didn't work on the Silverking, I think I may use them on here....Maybe use the cream/red stripe coaster wheels on it just to try and make it ride today. I had originally intended to relace a Twin Streak hub into them since I think this bike was originally a 2 speed...will see where it goes. It still has the cable clamp marks on the top tube, but not sure about a 3 speed setup and hand brakes on a springer bike, definitely haven't seen original mounts for handbrakes on these. I'm feeling the need for something different to put miles on and I think this one will look good as a fenderless roadster.

The wheel and chain guard just fell off while I was typing, I think it's a sign. Lol Chain guard tab bent and reminded me there may be an interference problem there.

I also got my wheels back from getting respoked and " new" upgraded floating front hub for my Elgin Miss America
Now I have to go through the hubs and do my best to carefully remove the bled rust ( no AO dip on these..there's some flakey paint that would probably come off with the rust 🙁)
This bike is actually on the stand in my basement for the winter..it might actually get done!!

Back