When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofy Schwinn builds and parts in ads or old photos or real life

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mead Ranger with drop stand and chrome rack legs.

Screenshot_20221124-223546~2.png

Screenshot_20221124-223600~2.png

This is the version I'm use to seeing

View attachment 1748277
Looks like the early Hornet and catalog perfect other than the chain ring and white walls. Schwinn changed little things from year to year and sometimes in the middle of the production year. I was under the impression that the reflective tank decals were a 1953 only detail. The Hornets went thru many changes during its production and there were no Deluxe Hornets until the 1955 model year, they were just Hornets. For 1955 Schwinn offered two Hornet models and one was the Deluxe and that model had the Phantom chain ring and special two-tone paint schemes. Also, identifying the correct build year helps when someone is wondering what parts are actually correct on their bike.

Looks like a bfg logo on the gaurd
It is a BFG schwinn, has the headbadge to match. I call it a deluxe hornet due to having the springer fork. Plus it’s easier to understand than saying it’s similar to the catalog model “DB97XE.” But due to the two tone guard, springer and small differences that don’t exactly match the catalog images. I’m not sure what else to call it because all hornets I’ve ever known were non-springer bikes until the mid 50’s. Of course I’m not an expert either..

serial number for reference - F025090

Back