When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofy Schwinn builds and parts in ads or old photos or real life

-
It is a BFG schwinn, has the headbadge to match. I call it a deluxe hornet due to having the springer fork. Plus it’s easier to understand than saying it’s similar to the catalog model “DB97XE.” But due to the two tone guard, springer and small differences that don’t exactly match the catalog images. I’m not sure what else to call it because all hornets I’ve ever known were non-springer bikes until the mid 50’s. Of course I’m not an expert either..

serial number for reference - F025090

Many of the models had the option for the springer fork, and for that D-19 it was $3.80 extra. Another $2.40 for the locking mechanism. The front expander brake was also an option for those when ordering.

Interesting early postwar tanked dx. No truss rods no light no 9 hole rack

Screenshot_20221030-073522~2.png

Last edited:
1948 Baseline Schwinn bikes with no chainguards, troxel seats and paint jobs I've never seen

View attachment 1746035
I did’have the bike but I did have the football helmet and shoulder pads.. felt like they were made of layers of molded cardboard. To go with them I had a pair of football pants that had the same type of thigh pads and kidney pads.

A fellow caber shared this with me. He brought to my attention all the head tube details namely the pin striping like this in LaSalle models also painted headcups. And the missing ever famous double adjustable neck. For 1939 in a catalog. Also he mentioned the non painted rack legs on board this one.

1682865-8f4c71f4f1ea7a00021ae19b5deef7ad.jpg

1682906-a54c27741628469c354b09d6fc91f13e.jpg

A fellow caber shared this with me. He brought to my attention all the head tube details namely the pin striping like this in LaSalle models also painted headcups. And the missing ever famous double adjustable neck. For 1939 in a catalog. Also he mentioned the non painted rack legs on board this one.

View attachment 1749544
Man, that first picture makes me want to attach some Looney Tunes sound effects.
BEYOOUP!
That springer is really bugging out! Ha

If you look closely, the dual lights are touching each other, the end of the tank has a open gap with the frame, the speedometer cable is wildly bent, the razor stem bolt detail was a 3 martini lunch result.

Back