When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Jaguar Mark IV Build - The Partsuar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

soddruntlestuntle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
My mind works in strange and mysterious ways-- just ask my wife. So I had this set of early sixties middleweight fenders laying around, a set that I'd bought for my '54 Corvette, hoping they would fit (editors note: they did not). And I had a nice set of m-weight handlebars, along with a mint Mayweg two-stage front rack. Well hell, it's almost Christmastime and I have no money or free time, let's build a new bike!

So I found this 7/1959 Jaguar frame on the Book of Face Marketplace. It's far from pristine, but it's clean. Was originally a coaster brake model, I'll be converting to 3-speed and hand brakes.

317860894_10227565043502146_8912711316769469861_n.jpg

So now what? Well, I definitely needed a wheelset, and decent ones are not cheap 'round these parts. And I STILL needed fenders for my 'Vette...

Welcome, Little Red Corvette. Also found this one on FBM. It had been for sale for quite a while, assumed it hadn't sold because it's a 'Girls Bike' (also because, as I found out when I disassembled it, the fork is bent).
thumbnail_IMG_6688.jpg

It's a very original '56 model in remarkably good condition. I almost hate to canibalize her.

Now I've got a wheelset for the Jag, and a set of fenders I KNOW will fit my 'Vette. Win/Win.

thumbnail_IMG_6787.jpg

Almost everything accounted for, except a fork crown, the rear rack, and a teardrop reflector. Crown in route, the others will have to wait.

Was really wanting to buy an original tank, but the prices are WAY over my meager budget, so a repop version from Bicyclebones will have to suffice.

thumbnail_IMG_6806.jpg

And not only am I going to need to paint this, because the other chrome bits show some wear & tear, I'm going to have to relic the tank to make it look period correct. Luckily I do have some experience aging chrome, from relicing guitars. Anyone have experience painting these badboys?

thumbnail_IMG_6788.jpg

Hope to do further assembly this next week. Think I'll wait until the weather warms up a bit to paint the tank. Looking forward to getting it out on the road!

Last edited:
You can get a brand new identical piece for $50 shipped. Can you beat that deal by 50%?

Stupid me. When I bought my frame, the seller basically reneged on including the fork with the purchase, so I had to go and find my own. Well, I did indeed find one, but the fork I purchased was off a Corvette, which of course never came with a fork crown, and, well you can see where this is going.

65E93618-5464-4D5D-9439-6EBCDC539123.jpeg

A few more shots of where things stand. Need to get the S-A thumb shifter dialed in, and work on finishing the repop tank. That may have to wait for Spring, because it’s definitely not painting weather right now.

9A06DCAE-208B-41A6-8C9D-5B49365F87FE.jpeg

The rear rack should be delivered Monday, and while I ended up purchasing a teardrop reflector, I kind of like the simple round shape as it is. We’ll see.

E0B740F1-1435-407A-AC10-9B7232ADE451.jpeg

7A200548-1A0E-44B9-A164-A233FFA3C7AF.jpeg

338910EC-93B2-4664-ABC2-C07B6BBE7AC0.jpeg

Back