When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Skylark Thread

-
Here's another that was posted in 2020. At the time I didn't recognize the model, and since the owner didn't know the model either, the decal on the chainguard must be gone. He doesn't show the chainguard side but says the serial is M23629, so probably another 1962.

Last edited:
The current cwc/amf list starts with G in '57. I have one, green cap on the fork, "I" serial. No other parts with it besides the chain and seat post.

The current cwc/amf list starts with G in '57. I have one, green cap on the fork, "I" serial. No other parts with it besides the chain and seat post.
That's surprising. AMF seems to have skipped "I" on the late '50's bikes, going from "H" in 1958 to "J" in 1959 and I've always assumed they were following Schwinn's example to avoid confusion between "I" and "1". This is on the left drop-out?

Looking back at the catalogs, it looks like the blue/green "Flamboyant Turquoise" was only for the first two years on the men's bikes, 1962 and 1963. In 1964 they went to Flamboyant Red. Is yours a men's frame?

Looking back at the catalogs, it looks like the blue/green "Flamboyant Turquoise" was only for the first two years on the men's bikes, 1962 and 1963. In 1964 they went to Flamboyant Red. Is yours a men's frame?
Yes, it's a men's. Could be a bad stamp, unless it's a '1', and missing the letter entirely! And yes, it's on the left dropout.

Yes, it's a men's. Could be a bad stamp, unless it's a '1', and missing the letter entirely! And yes, it's on the left dropout.
That's what I'm guessing. Looking at some of their other serials, poor stamps and missing figures weren't unknown for AMF.

Here's another one that was posted back in 2017 by @jungleterry, it's been modified with an earlier chain guard and a Murray sprung fork, but it made a unique and cool bike. And other than the fork and chainguard it could be original. A "P" serial would make it 1963 and it has the jeweled chain ring, but the tank, seat and rack are red, not turquoise. Your guess is as good as mine.

Here's another one that was posted back in 2017 by @jungleterry, it's been modified with an earlier chain guard and a Murray sprung fork, but it made a unique and cool bike. And other than the fork and chainguard it could be original. A "P" serial would make it 1963 and it has the jeweled chain ring, but the tank, seat and rack are red, not turquoise. Your guess is as good as mine.

The chain guard looks like the one on my sixty's jet pilot nicer than mine mind you lol

Back