When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Bullnose colors

-
Something just like this would scratch my itch! Still looking for one of these. Thanks, Shawn
Same for me. Been looking for a girls super cruiser for a while but finally gave up and bought the grill tank cushioner that recently popped up.

How about posting some pics?

E7370D5E-24C8-4A81-8973-D72A9441FB5A.jpeg

0BD39B51-4F49-460D-AB92-439797BBE14A.jpeg

@Freqman1 In the ads posted, I notice none have drop stands. Yet most that have posted pics, do have drop stands. Mine personally has the side stand. Any thoughts on that?

So this one has no rhyme or reason. Colson started using side stands in 1938 on their high end bikes. As you've noticed all the '41 ads show sidestands not only one the top models but at least down to second tier as well. Most, if not all, of the Imperials and Clippers I've come across have side stands while it seems a lot of the Firestone bikes have drop stands. I can't see where this would have been an economic advantage. The Firestone bikes were typically a cheaper bike so maybe they just used up the remainder of their dropstands on the Firestone products and when they ran out started using side stands. All pure conjecture on my part but one way to test this theory is to compare serial numbers and see if only the later bikes have dropstands? Of course with the passage of time its impossible to know if the stands on some bikes were not changed out over the years. Those are my ramblings on the subject...

Last edited:
I have an original men's super cruiser, but was house painted over like 6 times. Im finally getting it all done. And I also have a women's Firestone cruiser. I all original, except for new tires . I did an oxalic acid dip. Came out good from what it once looked like!

Back