When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White sidewalls or black walls?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I put wide whites on my 53 Hornet that came with the Typhoon cords, but could not find them.. They have white wheels and it's a lot of white on my green bike so i may switch black walls with the WW.. To each his own...
I have a couple of early Schwinns that have enameled wheels. I have solid colored tires for them. Lots of choices available to coordinate with the color of your bike.

When I did my first restoration on a Murray Missile in the mid '90s, I HAD to have whitewalls. They were just so classy! These days there are very few bikes I'd put whitewalls on. They just have to fit the overall vibe. For example my '62 and '63 Typhoons. Both came with white enamel rims. With a whitewall, half of the tire gets 'lost' in the color of the rim. Not enough contrast (for me anyway) so they both got blackwalls. For a chrome rim or painted rim other than white, a whitewall looks cool. As far as muscle era bikes go, it's blackwalls all the way unless they're a raised white letter. I LOVE me a Huffy Cheater slick with RWLs!

Comes down to personal taste. The girls bike with the yellow sign was at Memory Lane for sale. I didn’t buy it but it tempted me and the wife said she doesn’t want any more bikes. I bought the Hollywood for my daughter for Christmas a couple years ago and IMO it looks better with whites on it.

A84EC0DC-6BC1-4C14-9F99-5E70C02D8825.jpeg

AF5FF131-AA60-4801-9AFB-F762CD41E6FC.jpeg

8C87479E-0242-47DA-A31E-76607BCCF324.jpeg

0D39EBF9-BA84-460A-BCC4-2B9EC1CE7ECB.jpeg

Back