When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Schwinn high low flange front brake missing bearing dust covers, please help!!!!

-

Fifthcenturycheese

Look Ma, No Hands!
Here is a couple pictures of my 1940 high low front brake that is missing the dust covers for the bearings. Can someone please point me in the direction of obtaining two of these dust covers so I can put this thing back into service? Size needed is shown on the calipers. The one shown in the pictures is too large. Thank you, Mike

Last edited:
Hear is a couple pictures of my 1940 high low front brake that is missing the dust covers for the bearings. Can someone please point me in the direction of obtaining two of these dust covers so I can put this thing back into service? Size needed is shown on the calipers. The one shown in the pictures is too large. Thank you, MikeView attachment 1764223

View attachment 1764224
A foolish question but i have to ask, Is it supposed to have a cone that has a dust shield attached ? I guessing by the age of it, no but just throwing it out there.

A foolish question but i have to ask, Is it supposed to have a cone that has a dust shield attached ? I guessing by the age of it, no but just throwing it out there.
I believe that hub style had the dust cap separate from the axle cone. It was just a larger version of the normal deluxe front hub dust cap.
I would also check for the Schwinn heavy duty front hubs with the large flanges, it not a hub brake "only" part.

John

Back