When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$2000
Payment Terms
Cash
Zipcode

PamR

On Training Wheels
Looking to sell this 1948 Schwinn ultra short tandem.

My Dad bought it new, and stored it in his garage for over 70 years. He passed away a few years ago, and I would like to sell to someone that would keep it whole and not sell for parts.

I would really like to see a picture of serial number on this if possible.

Pretty early bike..
This bike has 1/2" t-10's , 26 x 1 -1/2 Schwinn Hurricane tires on 650B S-4 rims , expander brakes F & R , nice original Saddles, Double adjust stem and the early pointed fenders. Also Chubby grips and AS stamped BB parts. If still original it would have a cloth covered cables. Bonus early reflector. Hopefully it stays together .

Pretty early bike..
This bike has 1/2" t-10's , 26 x 1 -1/2 Schwinn Hurricane tires on 650B S-4 rims , expander brakes F & R , nice original Saddles, Double adjust stem and the early pointed fenders. Also Chubby grips and AS stamped BB parts. If still original it would have a cloth covered cables. Bonus early reflector. Hopefully it stays together .
Yes...smaller pencil type kickstand and the glass 1 3/4 stimsonite reflector that came out in 1937 are tell-tale signs that this is a 1946 model..........these are a hard sale!!!

Yes...smaller pencil type kickstand and the glass 1 3/4 stimsonite reflector that came out in 1937 are tell-tale signs that this is a 1946 model..........these are a hard sale!!!

Here's a 1946. The tapered stands were used up to 1950 from what I've seen, and even later on some lightweights.

20180103_145713-jpg.jpg

Here's a 1946. The tapered stands were used up to 1950 from what I've seen, and even later on some lightweights.

Tapered kickstands where on early postwar models mainly 1946 maybe a few 47s ...and you will see some 1946 models with those stimsonite prewar 1 3/4 glass style reflectors along with the new stimsonite plastic ones................by 1948 those tapered stands and early glass reflectors were long gone!!!!

Last edited:
I've seen T&C's with the new 1950 Schwinn decals that still had the tapered stand. The Continentals were still using the tapered stands in the 50's.

I've seen T&C's with the new 1950 Schwinn decals that still had the tapered stand. The Continentals were still using the tapered stands in the 50's.
Maybe some tandems and lightweights still used those tapered stands....but by 1948 auto-cycles hollywoods et cetera were not using those tapered stands anymore.

Last edited:
Back