When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling My Violet 1966 All Original Fastback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Negative! All chrome chain guards were accessory items sold by the dealers, and were not used as OE on bikes from the factory! Also, a painted chain guard would not have chrome underneath the paint!
Let's just agree to disagree

One reason the guards paint age differently from the frames is due to being painted over the chrome. Of all the original bikes I've restored and stripped the guards, every Krate or Fastback was full chrome underneath

I'd love to see a pic of this style guard stripped that isn't chrome underneath

Let's just agree to disagree

One reason the guards paint age differently from the frames is due to being painted over the chrome. Of all the original bikes I've restored and stripped the guards, every Krate or Fastback was full chrome underneath

I'd love to see a pic of this style guard stripped that isn't chrome underneath

I will agree to disagree with you!

The 1966 FB had a painted chainguard. The 67 and later FB had a 2 toned guard that was chrome with a painted silk screen. The chain guards even had a different part number in the dealer catalogs.

1966dlr_Sting_Ray_Fastback.jpg

1966dlr_Sting_Ray_Fastback_Specs.jpg

1967dlr_Fastback.jpg

Here is my FB 66 with proper guard - painted over chrome

Not sure what the difference in the part numbers is 67 having same followed by F?

You have a pic of an actual 66 all painted FB guard or one stripped not chrome?

Always learning if so

View attachment 1772432

That has the later chain ring. The F on the parts list numbers indicates chrome.

Last edited:
Back