When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling My Violet 1966 All Original Fastback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That has the later chain ring. The F on the parts list numbers indicates chrome.
thanks for posting both, very helpful, albeit I don't recall ever seeing a fully painted guard on FB - the Violet bike looks repainted, do you agree? Cables replaced, clips missing, tires replaced. I don't know FB's very well and am asking some others that do - let you know what they say

Yes, mine is September and didn't have the Sprint equipment

Very interesting, thanks again for contributing to the conversation! Out to the garage to ship a Stingray now

I have never seen a H36 in my life! Don't believe they even made one. Not everything in those books is correct. As far as a completely painted FB guard IMO it's incorrect for any yr. The violet even though it looks nice its been repainted, Show me kinda guy .... show me an original untouched fully painted FB guard. They don't exist! Got one post it!

Last edited:
I have never seen a H36 in my life! Don't believe they even made one. Not everything in those books is correct. As far as a completely painted FB guard IMO it's incorrect for any yr. The violet even though it looks nice its been repainted, Show me kinda guy .... show me an original untouched fully painted FB guard. They don't exist! Got one post it!

That thought crossed my mind too. Look at the correct long style fork dart. And if it was repainted, why paint the whole guard and not leave the chrome on top? Assuming it's been repainted doesn't mean it was actually repainted. If it was repainted by someone, then they followed thru on what the catalog shows/says, and not what the norm of what was actually built. Here is one of 2 known examples of the first Corvette 5 speeds with some proto-type markings. Jerry of Memory Lane owns the second one.

schwinncorvette5sprare4_zps3d954d16-1-jpg.jpg

That thought crossed my mind too. Look at the correct long style fork dart. And if it was repainted, why paint the whole guard and not leave the chrome on top? Assuming it's been repainted doesn't mean it was actually repainted. If it was repainted by someone, then they followed thru on what the catalog shows/says, and not what the norm of what was actually built. Here is one of 2 known examples of the first Corvette 5 speeds with some proto-type markings. Jerry of Memory Lane owns the second one.

View attachment 1772647
It very well maybe original, but I don't think so seeing that paints condition. As far as painting the complete guard. Well maybe that's all they had was a fenderless 5 speed guard and decided to go with it and not put more money finding a chrome one. Guess we'll never know for sure. Still a nice FB GTs 58👍

Where's that old guy that police's the sight ... maybe he can report this, so it'll get deleted and back to original business. Sorry on my part for the hijack. ✌ I truly hope you do sell your Fastback Sir.

I had at least a dozen replies on the Classic Stingray page, every one of them saying the original guards of FB's and Krates were all chrome. One member has a half dozen original paint 66 Fastbacks, all early dates too, Sprint equipped bikes, all have chrome chainguards. all agreed, same guards as the Krates, which have the same part number in the catalogs with the F following.

I'm updating my records to keep an eye out for any evidence of an early original 66 FB with a full painted guard.

Where's that old guy that police's the sight ... maybe he can report this, so it'll get deleted and back to original business. Sorry on my part for the hijack. ✌ I truly hope you do sell your Fastback Sir.

The thread has not been hijacked. The seller asked for corrections to his comments, and all the self proclaimed experts chimed in.

BTW, active threads like this give the seller more exposure for the ad listing!!!!

Well, I would rather believe printed documentation from Schwinn, over some anonymous poster on the internet that claims it to be wrong, with no evidence to back-up their claim!

Back