When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling My Violet 1966 All Original Fastback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does an all chrome chain guard hurt the value of the bike sir?

The chrome chain guard is most likely original even though it's not the spec'd out piece. The paint that was still left on it was probably removed. And the chainring shown here was never used. No Schwinn documentation on that either. The vast majority of these were built with the chrome & paint guards. The catalog images don't always depict what was actually built and the spec's can change. As printed on Schwinn's paper. 🤐"All specifications subject to change without notice."

1966dlr_Sting_Ray_Fastback.JPG

Man, I have so much to learn. Being new to all of this, I have to be more aware of what I am looking for and at, and to not fully rely on what a seller is telling me. I greatly appreciate your knowledge and time good sir. Any advice is greatly appreciated as well.
My pleasure glad to help

To your other question, yes an all chrome blank guard hurts the value, it needs paint and screening

Does an all chrome chain guard hurt the value of the bike sir?

The value is totally subjective, and it all depends on the buyer!

But, that being said, bikes in all original condition usually bring the best price when selling! Condition is everything!

If you are a buyer.......................NEVER trust what a seller tells you! Do your own research on the particular bike you are buying!

Last edited:
Here is my FB 66 with proper guard - painted over chrome

Not sure what the difference in the part numbers is 67 having same followed by F?

You have a pic of an actual 66 all painted FB guard or one stripped not chrome?

Always learning if so

View attachment 1772432
Are the pedals on the 66's supposed to have large or small end caps good sir? And what is the proper height of the sissy bar supposed to be? So so much to learn I swear!! And this bike looks AmAzInG!!!!

The value is totally subjective, and it all depends on the buyer!

But, that being said, bikes in all original condition usually bring the best price when selling! Condition is everything!

If you are a buyer.......................NEVER trust what a seller tells you! Do your own research on the particular bike you are buying!
Thank you so much sir!! I'm realizing there is an abundance of endless learning on this site.....lol!!

So it seems that Schwinn changed their specs without further notice. The vast majority of the 66 Fastbacks had guards with chrome and paint. Maybe the first batch or two had the fully painted pieces. These have to be rare!

View attachment 1772433
Out of curiosity, isn't there supposed to be clamps to hold the brake and shifter cables against the frame? In learning mode here!!

Out of curiosity, isn't there supposed to be clamps to hold the brake and shifter cables against the frame? In learning mode here!!
Yes, I posted a pic of my Copper 66 and the clamp that is missing on your bike. You are also missing the shifter cable and the overload tube, also in the pic. Pedals should be Bow style with a diamond in middle, single pair of arrows and small caps with no crimps on ends for the 66-67 FB & 66 Super Deluxe

Back