When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Unicycle

-
Mike Torres, worked for me at SSW as an outside sales rep after he spent time as an inside sales person. Over the years they both could have worked at John T Bill Company. It's trully a small industry, more like a large family.

John

I was thinking about this yesterday after I made the reply. It was Henry who worked JTB, he was Mikes older brother.

But, I left it on my patio, not thinking that anyone would steal a unicycle.
Well, I thought wrong!
I came out to ride over to the corner store, and it was gone!
And with it, went my unicycle riding days.
My buddy W.R.W.'s 3 sons rode uni's to Newport High School a few years ago...
Ben is One when riding his; down stairs is no problem, up stairs is tricky.
Everyone on our bike path have seen THIS Rider. Miles & Miles....
img_8802-jpg.jpg

Dropped in, climb up.
"Ride up to fly down!!!🥰

A26F267D-B523-4A19-BE41-05F1A7ACECDE.jpeg
Tony Parry at Chicago Bike, in Newport Beach, used to ride the 50 mile, Rosarita to Ensenada, on one of those big wheel, balloon tire unicycles.
It was crazy to see him out there on the open road with that thing.
He never had to buy his own drinks when he got to Ensenada.

I was thinking about this yesterday after I made the reply. It was Henry who worked JTB, he was Mikes older brother.
Lots of the Torres family worked in the Bicycle Business. Another brother Rich Torres was the Schwinn Sales West warehouse manager. I believe Torres's also worked at Harry Wilson Sales Agency the SoCal Schwinn distributor before the federally mandated distribution breakup.

Thanks for asking, making me think about all of this old history.

John

Back