When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official CABE Bicycle Sign Thread

-
Fisk 2.jpg

My 90 year old mom still calls me Jimmy. I like being Jimmy. I liked it enough to make it my CABE name. Even though most people call me Jim.
Great sign whoever Jimmie is.
Jimmie was a fellow that owned a bicycle shop on Gratiot & Mack in Detroit in the 60's thru the early 2000's.
He was a foreman at Budd Wheel ( they stamped out 1/4 panels ,hoods ,etc for Ford & GM )
on Detroits east side and opened the shop to help out the kids in
the neighborhood. He surely didn't need the $$. His was a Bicycle Shop but he also repaired Lawnmowers,
sold some Go-Kart stuff, had roller skates, made keys and a dabbled in a bunch of other stuff. The neighborhood was/is still rough but he stuck it out. Tons of stuff when I cleaned it out, one of my best hauls ever ....

jimmies sign 1.3.jpg

jimmies sign 1.2.jpg

jimmies sign 1.1.jpg

It's actually not a clock. The neon and spinner still function beautifully. I saw it tagging along with my Dad to view a bike collection. This sign and a 36 Shelby hooked me into the hobby of prewar bikes, before that day I had never been exposed to the hobby. I've heard these date to 1939 (?) Thanks for the kind words. I love it!
Oh my gosh...what a clock...these days half the time you can't tell if they're real...not on that puppy....luv it...congrats....maybe best bike clock on the planet....what's the back story...can you say how you came into it.... -carlton SportsAntiques.com

It's actually not a clock. The neon and spinner still function beautifully. I saw it tagging along with my Dad to view a bike collection. This sign and a 36 Shelby hooked me into the hobby of prewar bikes, before that day I had never been exposed to the hobby. I've heard these date to 1939 (?) Thanks for the kind words. I love it!
Great back story...yes now I see not a clock...still great...v unusual sign...counter top design...luv the wear...can you take a shot lit up in dark...

Back