When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 of 4? 1939 Monark Airman Comet Dual Suspension Bike

-
Shipping
Not likely. May drive to meet or transport to MLC etc.
Zipcode

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
I know I know, Nick has nearly sold this bike a few times. He keeps pulling it back when cash comes in from elsewhere, you know how it goes. For those of you that know Nick, he's been absent from the bike scene after being arguably one of the biggest collectors and rare-bike-finders that The CABE has known. Check his photo album! We have both enjoyed a great relationship with so many of you, and we've missed you all! and missed being at the national swaps.

Now, Nick is into expensive japanese turbo'ed cars, and has his own shop, which is even more expensive than bikes! Also selling off all many great parts as well- see the classifeds! And more to come...

So, Marty Hoffman found this bike about 8 years ago- and everybody wanted it. Nick bugged Marty over the years, and finally got it in 2019. It is the top of the line steel framed Monark, 26", the"Airman Comet". There are maybe 4 or 5 others known. I believe this one is the most complete and original.

Frame and fork is original paint, which assures you this is a 100% legit dual suspension bike. Not a faked or modified frame. (Tank and guard were patina matched and tank decal was hand painted like factory.)

Nick has the drop stand that will go with it, and has a rare piece of ephemera showing the Comet...maybe that can go with the bike as well.

Times are tough, and sadly, this ultra rare bike needs to go now.
May be able to get it to MLC this spring- would prefer not to ship- that frame is irreplaceable.

Message directly please with any questions or for more pics if I don't get them posted fast enough.

Please be respectful and limit post to offers only.

Humbly,
Darcie (aka The Mominator).

Airman 1.JPG

Airman 2.JPG

Airman 3.JPG

Airman ad pg 1.jpg

Sure, I noted I was going to post more pictures. This is the bike in its present condition though. It's in storage because it's winter with snow here lol, but I will dig some more up.

Back