When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd Annual New Georgia Bike Swap Sunday March 12, 2023

-
Although Mother Nature tried her best to squash the swap Josh @dasberger spent two days rearranging the warehouse to accomodate and indoor meet. His daughter did a brisk business with cookie sales and some bikes and parts got sold as well. The Atlanta Raleigh club was out and they are an enthusiastic bunch! Josh will be looking for a new venue next year and things looks promising for an even bigger and better show next year! A special thatnks to Pete for pizza for lunch-that hit the spot just like teh water gun he was shooting me with. Who the heck brings a water gun to a swap meet?

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

It’s called a SQUIRT gun;
It’s for shooting pesky neighbors, Shawn !
Fantastic swap, Josh.
You are reviving the revered Atlanta “Armory” Swap from back in the 80’s and 90’s. Kudos to you and your gracious family for shepherding that hearalded tradition into the future.
Shout out to Mark Gordon for helping feed Jet’s Pizza to the hungry bike hoards. You are a class act, and your Mama raised you right !
Fun Fact: folks came from not only South and North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida, but two gentlemen were there from the Virgin Islands !
The Southeast finally has the swap it deserves, y’all.

Last edited:
Mother nature tried to stop the swap meet by pouring rain on Georgia. However, Josh, Shawn, Pete and many others had other ideas and carried on the torch to make it a great day! It was good to see many friends and some Cabe members faces; Rick, Mark, Gary, Jim, Joel, Todd and others. Looking forward to the next one!

Many thanks to all who supported the swap today and most especially to those of you who braved a multi hour journey in this mornings storms! I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all and more than a few bikes changed hands and I think just about everyone sold something, There were some really nice bikes and parts ripe for the picking. It was also nice to meet some more cabers and put more faces with names. I think there is more than enough interest in ATL to keep this one going!

And yes shoutout to the Atlanta Raleigh club! They are having bike show in August so if anyone within driving distance has a bike they want to enter I would love to support their event. I'll post more info on that as it gets closer.

Back