When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26" Ladies Cleveland Welding Co. Roadmaster..1940's?

-

Sherry and Fritz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Can anyone help us determine the year of this CWC Roadmaster? We found it at a scrap yard and saved it. Beginning on a full restoration of it. It appears to have been burgandy with cream fenders and orange stripes.
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a beautiful bike! I can't tell you the exact year of it but if you post the serial number we have members that can pin it down exactly, in my opinion it looks late 30s-early 40s If the paint looks salvageable I would not repaint, give it a good wash first with warm soapy water and see exactly what you have, remember, a bicycle is only new once :) Another thing I can tell you is that a ladies bike in general is not too high on a collectors list, they often get parted out to finish a mens bike. I hope you won't part this one out, it looks pretty complete and in decent condition.

Serial numbers are best to help with identification. Actually I have the same types of rims on my '47 Roadmaster and I was wondering if they were correct for Roadmaster. Now I can assume they were. Thanks.

Last edited:
The rear dropouts make it 1950-54. Post the serial number, it can be decoded.

serial number

Thank you for the help everybody. The serial number is E00697 AC (we think that is a C) these are the numbers that were under the chain guard on the bottom of the frame.

Last edited:
IMG_0378.jpg

Actually we are going to restore this bike. Started this week. I posted the serial number above. Would love any help in decoding the year it was made.

Thank you for the help everybody. The serial number is E00697 AC (we think that is a C) these are the numbers that were under the chain guard on the bottom of the frame.

Its actually ACw after the serial number. If you look close you'll see the 'w' inside of the big C. Stands for Cleveland Welding obviously.

Your serial number makes the bike a 1950. Glad you are going to fix it up!

Thank you! 1950 - Pretty cool. I have the picture of the serial number. We already cleaned and prepped the bike for repaint. Pictures:
IMG_0378.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg

Last edited:
Back