When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Heard From Ryan Shamon?

-
Ok, I know Lonestar and a couple others vouched for Ryan here, but I can't help but wear my "skepticals" when messaging him about selling a Schwinn Frame I've got. He's simultaneously ready to pay me for the frame now, even though it's going to take at least a few weeks for me to bust all the parts loose that rusted to the frame. Plus some of his other messages feel... contradictory. He said something earlier about how he's going to practice brazing on it, yet he's going to build it with his son, who "loves the colors." Now, I'm not saying I don't love the colors of a well-patina'd bike, but uuuuuh....
20230421_112119.jpg

...I'm not sure what other colors he's talking about aside from rust brown.

Plus, I've never shipped anything larger than a pair of handlebars before, and while I'm willing to give shipping frames a try, I'm not real sure about this guy. Plus, I'd rather sell this bike whole, as I really don't want to hold onto any of the other parts longer than necessary, and everything's stuck together anyhow.

On top of all that, a quick search of the guy's name here reveals that he can be... difficult to work with. I don't want to come across as a jerk and bail out after more-or-less agreeing to sell him the bike frame, but I'm seeing red flags and hearing alarm bells, and I don't want to take any chances. So, what's the consensus?

Ryan @Ryan Shamon committed to buying a frame from me in the Fall. We were to meet at Copake the first week of December. I brought the frame but he cancelled at the last minute. He said he still wanted it so I then gave it to a friend who took it up to Amherst, MA. It has been Up there since then. I have tried messaging, texting, and calling. Is this guy a deadbeat?
I can attest to Ryan Shamon as he has bought some parts from me. He’s a nice and honest guy. Not a deadbeat.👍

Ok, I know Lonestar and a couple others vouched for Ryan here, but I can't help but wear my "skepticals" when messaging him about selling a Schwinn Frame I've got. He's simultaneously ready to pay me for the frame now, even though it's going to take at least a few weeks for me to bust all the parts loose that rusted to the frame. Plus some of his other messages feel... contradictory. He said something earlier about how he's going to practice brazing on it, yet he's going to build it with his son, who "loves the colors." Now, I'm not saying I don't love the colors of a well-patina'd bike, but uuuuuh....
View attachment 1833718

...I'm not sure what other colors he's talking about aside from rust brown.

Plus, I've never shipped anything larger than a pair of handlebars before, and while I'm willing to give shipping frames a try, I'm not real sure about this guy. Plus, I'd rather sell this bike whole, as I really don't want to hold onto any of the other parts longer than necessary, and everything's stuck together anyhow.

On top of all that, a quick search of the guy's name here reveals that he can be... difficult to work with. I don't want to come across as a jerk and bail out after more-or-less agreeing to sell him the bike frame, but I'm seeing red flags and hearing alarm bells, and I don't want to take any chances. So, what's the consensus?
You’re safe to go through with the deal from my experiences. Nice guy.

Back