When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the top 2 bikes on your bucket list?

-
I'd love to have a Breezer Series 1. However, Joe Breeze only made 10 in 1977-78. Two or three are in museums. Another sold for $30K about 4-5 years ago. It's never going to happen!

I'd be happy with a tall frame first year Super Sport, Varsity Tourist or a 60's Superior.

THe-Pros-closet-vintage-bike-collection-NAHBS-2017-4.jpg

Appreciate it buddy. Money goes away...ive had it, Ive lost it....but old bikes are forever.
A complete one is a spendy purchase all at once but like Johnny Cash said….one piece at a time works too! My buddy Jesus has getting bits and pieces for this one for years!
Truthfully, you know my taste and I REALLY want a crusty one but considering how much they're worth, they almost always get restored if the paint isnt an 8 out of 10. I know chances are low....VERY low, but a man can dream.

image.jpg

Elgin Bluebird for me. I've had just about every Elgin at one time or another ( even the 38 style Bluebird) but never the forst gen Bluebird..some day!

I did however get to spend some time with this one that I got from a well know collector in MD for Jesse James. Pic by me at the old WCC shop

bluebird.jpg

A Murray built curved seat mast bike or frame with the electroforged sections was at the top of my list until this ‘41 Sears Collegiate frame turned up yesterday. Thanks heaps @mrg.

Shipping an entire bike to Australia post pandemic is a ridiculously expensive proposition so I jumped at the opportunity to grab this frame to build a hot rod bike.

The construction for a prewar bike frame is amazing and ahead of its time with its beautiful streamlined electroforged sections. Schwinn became famous for using the same process years later. Steel must been way cheaper prewar as there’s about 50% more of it compared to most post war bike frames I’ve built! It is a porker but its mine and i’ve named it teenage dirtbag inspired by the Collegiate head badge, its hideous red oxide blow over and the aftermarket parts I slammed on it.

I have the correct chainguard, fork and truss rods on the way and I have a few things to finish it off but a quick test ride yesterday revealed it is a very decent rider with great geometry for such an old design. I also doubt I’ll see another cruising the streets of Melbourne anytime soon.

9DC61E72-23CF-499F-A75C-24E21D69BFA1.jpeg

DACCBE6A-FC1E-4C16-A111-25A36E683BC3.jpeg

5BEB2829-FBDB-425C-8D95-651E1B735A60.jpeg

Last edited:
A complete one is a spendy purchase all at once but like Johnny Cash said….one piece at a time works too! My buddy Jesus has getting bits and pieces for this one for years!

View attachment 1812562
Thats beautiful man....I love it just like it is. Sadly Ive pretty much given up hope of ever owning one unless I find one in a barn or trash dump etc. The bike community at this point has financially gate-kept these types of bikes now to the point where normal, middle-class guys like me stand very low chances of ever owning one unless we rob from our kids college fund. If I did ever find one it would be the one that dies with me.....
Such is life.

Back