When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Experts Needed!

-

dave429

I live for the CABE
Can anyone identify what model Raleigh this is? I only have the one picture. Looks to have had the drop bars and stem turned around. Wondering if this model originally had drop bars. I appreciate any input!

4B33B8C2-9EF2-4B00-991E-F459E2ECAF6B.jpeg

Possibly a Clubman....
I was thinking it might be that as well. Are the rims usually that thick on a clubman? I’ve searched images on the internet and can’t find one with that color scheme. It’s hard to tell with the seat so low and the bars flipped what size frame it even is.

What years did Raleigh include the white darts on the frames? Early 1960s?
I don't think those are original.

Here's some info.

It can only be so- far up the line with full steel fenders. Ive seen the darts on English bikes before. Late 40s through mid 50s? Copying American design like Hercules did with the canti frame variations in the late 50s early 60s.
It looks like the paint and decals are good from the one pic, but wrong side shot for anything more.
It's for sale, not your bike?

Last edited:
@Threespeedmafia @Schwinny @GTs58 Thanks for the info everyone. Not my bike. Its for sale quite a distance from me but I get to that area from time to time. This was the only picture in the listing. I noticed the drop bars and thought it might me an interesting model. Next time I’m in that area I will check it out if it’s still available.

Back