When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair Lady E Conversion?

-

prairieschooner

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I found the Fair Lady in poor condition and have most of the parts to make it better in transit.
Question is about an E-Bike Conversion for it. The wifey has disability issues and thinking that would help her enjoy the bike more. I am considering a front wheel conversion because of the simplicity of the kit and it doesn't modify the bike permanently.
Has anyone else done this and could you advise on brand, wattage etc.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So I found the Fair Lady in poor condition and have most of the parts to make it better in transit.
Question is about an E-Bike Conversion for it. The wifey has disability issues and thinking that would help her enjoy the bike more. I am considering a front wheel conversion because of the simplicity of the kit and it doesn't modify the bike permanently.
Has anyone else done this and could you advise on brand, wattage etc.
Thanks in advance.

Here's one of the only threads on E-bikes that I know of. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/its-time-for-the-e-bike-discussion.204602/

I say go for it! Here is a bit of inspiration for you: this is my 1964 Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV. This bike is significantly heavier than a Fairlady.Converted to 7 speed using Tandem wheels with Atom hubs and heavy spokes. Shimano, seven speed derailer in the back and shifted by Schwinn friction shifter on the headset.
As far as the electric conversion is concerned, it is running a mid drive electric motor conversion. 36 V 500 W five levels of assist and 17 Ah lithium ion battery. This set up in level five and highest gear can make this bike scoot to around 35 miles an hour easy. I can imagine that a Fairlady would be a blast.

2D8D708C-5479-4683-8B0D-0699978B7A2F.jpeg

I say go for it! Here is a bit of inspiration for you: this is my 1964 Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV. This bike is significantly heavier than a Fairlady.Converted to 7 speed using Tandem wheels with Atom hubs and heavy spokes. Shimano, seven speed derailer in the back and shifted by Schwinn friction shifter on the headset.
As far as the electric conversion is concerned, it is running a mid drive electric motor conversion. 36 V 500 W five levels of assist and 17 Ah lithium ion battery. This set up in level five and highest gear can make this bike scoot to around 35 miles an hour easy. I can imagine that a Fairlady would be a blast.

View attachment 1845204
What kit did you go with??

Here is a conversion I did a million years ago. It has heavy lead acid batteries and 36volt. I don't remember which brand I got, but the bike is super fun, albeit a bit dangerous due to my throttle setup, and overall weight.
15125030648_27af2c0de8_b.jpg

Here is a conversion I did a million years ago. It has heavy lead acid batteries and 36volt. I don't remember which brand I got, but the bike is super fun, albeit a bit dangerous due to my throttle setup, and overall weight.
View attachment 1847177

Nice bike. If you used the back motor wheel and some wheelie bars and especially put a smaller wheel on the front, you could’ve made an electric wheelie machine.

Back