When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great bikes...anyone know where I can get a headset that fits these bikes. The typical headset is too small and the cups just spin in the frame.

Not sure how I missed this thread but here are some pics of my 63 Western Flyer Strato Flyer. A pretty cool bike. I usually only do the Schwinn thing but this one is staying in the collection!

Attachments

• P1010029.jpg
    P1010029.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 216
  • headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 196
Nice Strato Flyer

Not sure how I missed this thread but here are some pics of my 63 Western Flyer Strato Flyer. A pretty cool bike. I usually only do the Schwinn thing but this one is staying in the collection!

That is a nice Strato Flyer. Love those double light bezels.
This picture needs to be added to the "Photo Album" thread for Western Flyer. I think I started one, if not I will and then post my Sabre Flyer.

Nice Strato for sure!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics....,
as the Photo Album threads are suppose to give reference as to what is correct and yours looks all there and correct.

JD

My Spaceliner started off as bare frame bought off ebay. I scrounged up enough parts to build it to look like a drag bike. I just bought a nice womans Spaceliner and transfered the parts over to my mens bike. I still need to hunt down a second gerneration tank and chainguard.
Kenny
jchiggins-1.jpg

img_2412-1.jpg

img_2505-1.jpg

img_2507-1.jpg

Last edited:
Need the 7 bar tank

Kenny, that frame is a Spaceliner 7 bar tanklight model. The half moon tab on the forward edge of the down cantilever tube is the giveaway. These tanks are hard to come bay and cost a few pennies once you find one. There was a blue ladies one on ebay not to log ago that sold for $73.00. You will need a red one for the boys frame.
Here is what the one that sold for looks like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120929014669?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Be sure to call me about the bike, I'll do what I can for a neighbor, well for any member for that matter. But new neighbors are good to have.

Higgins springer

I just saw this in Chicago if anyone is looking for one
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/3158833161.html
J.C. Higgins Bike - $200 (Palatine)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-07-23, 7:47PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Price !!!
Chrome J.C. Higgins Bike
Very good shape
Light kit available for the front

I just saw this in Chicago if anyone is looking for one
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/3158833161.html
J.C. Higgins Bike - $200 (Palatine)

Date: 2012-07-23, 7:47PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

New Price !!!
Chrome J.C. Higgins Bike
Very good shape
Light kit available for the front

Seems fair priced but the bezel has been painted it appears. Full retail on a mint condition Higgins Flightliner would be about 300-350...again full retail.
$200 is a good price if your local. It would be interesting to know why the light kit is listed as a separate item. Like it would be extra cost?
At $200 it has to have the light chromed bezel and lens, and innerds (battery tray and bulb holder).
Also, wonder why the chainguard side and front view are not pictured.

In this condition $150 tops in my opinion...just saying...nice collector bike though and it has the later springer front fork with the painted to match fork tips.

Wish I was in Chicago, cause I'd go look at it.

Here's the m.o. mfg wheel

Attachments

• DSC01373.JPG
    DSC01373.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01371.JPG
    DSC01371.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I will be getting a Spaceliner rack soon, I will post a pic after I get it here.

I guess I missed this thread! Here's my CBC/Ross built Thunder Jet,
SUNP00021-1.jpg

Star Jet,
CoastKingStarliner-1.jpg

and, Snyder built Firestone:
adamtinkererscollection010-1.jpg

Someday, i'd like to have a Murray Spaceliner in the flock.

Back