When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headbadge rarity

-
I'm knocking together a page on my site that will be an alphabetical compilation of pictures of all known Schwinn headbadges. Because, heck, why not?
http://greenephantom.com/schwinn_badges_mostly_pre-war

I've already pulled images from current and completed eBay auctions, and from this thread. Figured it would be neat eye candy and well as a useful resource. If you have pics of interesting oddball Schwinn badges, add them to this thread or email them to me and I'll add them as time permits.

JPG files work best.

Cheers, Geoff

Last edited:
just throwing it out there, if you want rare you'll need to move away from Schwinn. here's one I would consider rare...

_28KGrHqZ2C21joE9UiF6-kdBPfnhl3Gtg7E7E60_57.JPG

Very cool badge. But I'm not after rarity for rarity's sake. Should be quite enough to try and track down images of the majority of Schwinn badges. Though now that I think about it, it would be neat to try and compile a photo of every known pre-1970 bike badge. Ah, things to do.

Cheers, Geoff

Northwest patrol

I'm noticing that there is a blurring between rare and desirable. many of the badges shown aren't terribly rare, though they are desirable.
I've seen a few Northwest Patrol badges in person, and I've never even been to one of the big shows. so which ones are truly rare, and not just desirable?

Are the smaller oval northwest patrol badge rarer or just plain rare?

I'm glad that this thread kind of lead to something. We seem to have pulled out some great info and pics, and now a new resource for all of us to use. Awesome. I don't have any rare badges to contribute, but I wish I did.

Back