When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Huffman National big tank

-

John

I live for the CABE
Removed some rust
bike_zps6f5685b3.jpg
bike1_zps12b35967.jpg

1940 National.jpg
1940 National 3.jpg
1940 National 1.jpg
1940 National 2.jpg

1940 National 1.jpg

1940 National 2.jpg

1940 National 3.jpg

1940 National.jpg

bike_zps6f5685b3.jpg

bike1_zps12b35967.jpg

Looks good John! Did it have a National decal on the tank? It would be nice to get a tracing of it so a decal could be made. Is this "barn fresh"? V/r Shawn

Looks good John! Did it have a National decal on the tank? It would be nice to get a tracing of it so a decal could be made. Is this "barn fresh"? V/r Shawn

It has a National decal but it is very faint. But you can see the outline.

Outstanding!
So looking at my box score from home, I got you down for 2 boys '40 lit tanks (unrestored Firestone + lit rack and a fully restored Dayton) this '41 National non-lit tank, and a complete '40 ladies file nose big tank amateur restoration (but all there).
Chris

Great Job! Amazing the paint that was under that rust!
I've got a bike with the 'National' sticker on the tank, not that good a shape but shows most of the detail. Mine is a 41 tho with the indentation where the sticker goes.

Wow!
John, you and Nick are proving to be the miracle workers. Niether of your bikes looked like there was much color left but you guys literally brought them back from the dead.
Outstanding preservation kudos to both of you guys.

Back