When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Was YOUR First 2-Wheel Bike???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Old Man Wolf

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello All!
I had the day off today so I was hoping parts I ordered recently would have arrived so I could tinker with a few of my projects - but no luck.

After spending an hour reading updated posts here I got an idea to start a new thread hoping to get some interesting reading from your responses here???!!!

SO - What Was YOUR First 2-Wheel Bike???
(And do you still have it or one like it???)

MY first 2-wheeler was a Lowly & Humble AMF RoadMaster Jr!

The bottom bracket bearings got messed up so my Dad got rid of the bike to a friend of his from work (Very Much against my will!!!)...
... but I got Very Lucky and was able to get the bike back some years after Dad passed away!

This originally came with the Colored Hard-Plastic Seat...
... but the dealer we bought the bike from (at the New Castle County Farmer's Market) sold us the Troxel seat to replace it.
(That plastic seat HURT a young boy - even at THAT age!!!)

RoadMaster Jr 1.JPG
RoadMaster Jr 2.JPG
RoadMaster Jr 3.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 4.JPG
RoadMaster Jr 5.JPG
RoadMaster Jr 6.JPG
RoadMaster Jr 7.JPG

All the kids made fun of my bike in our development because of it being a "girl or boy" convertible bike...
... but I thought it was a Great Looking bike with the tank in the up position and I was Very Proud To Have It!!!

I've got a ton of memories with that bike and that's why I keep it in a corner of the living room even today at 45 years old!!!
(... and I STILL get a smile every time I glance at it when I walk by!!!)

I'll put a post in "Wanted To Buy"...
... but I'm still hoping to find a set of Bottom Bracket Bearings and the Rear Fender Reflector for this if anybody has them???
Please feel free to email me direct at [email protected] with photos & price if you have them???

Looking forward to hearing about YOUR First Bike and maybe seeing pics if you can show one!!!

Thanks!
Blessings!
Will,

RoadMaster Jr 1.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 2.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 3.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 4.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 5.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 6.JPG

RoadMaster Jr 7.JPG

My AMF RoadMaster Jr...

Actually Guys - I have to admit...
One of my dark secret future projects is to build an ADULT SIZE version of the bike!!! :D

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will,

First bike?

I have to say that I do not know what my first 2-wheeler was. All I remember is that it was a beat-up brown and white 20" hand-me-down from older cousins. My first new bike was a 1960 J.C. Higgins Flightliner that I got for my 9th birthday. I have one exactly like it now:
DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Last edited:
My first 2 wheeler was parted together from several bikes pulled out of the town recycle pile by my father. Basically a Columbia Playbike. After several years of riding "junkyard" bikes I finally got my first new Columbia like the one here only in "Radiant Mocha"
ken's71.jpg

ken's71.jpg

My first bike would have been a 40s ladies loopframe CCM with 28 inch wheels. My brothers and I all shared this bike and us shorter kids had to ride standing up. I had one just ;like it till a few years ago......nothing special as you can see.

Attachments

• Sub7..jpg
    Sub7..jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 90
Mine was a '69 Ross built 16" musclebike. It was badged as a Grants Department Store bike. Here I am cruising on it at about 3yo. That's my dad's Ford in the background. I wish I still had the bike (or the car!)to give my grandson, but I have no idea what happened to either one of them.

tdw_1970-1.jpg

I found a ratty '71 Schwinn Lil Tiger for my grandson. I had it powdercoated metallic green, had the seat recovered, fresh decals and added 12" air filled tires with a coaster brake...and streamers of course! He loves it.

tiger_11-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a ton of memories with that bike and that's why I keep it in a corner of the living room even today at 45 years old!!!

That's pretty neat...still having your childhood bicycle.

My first bicycle was a 26" AMF Roadmaster from around 1959/60, don't recall the exact year it was given to me. It was a tank model with chrome plated fenders and a star chainring. Colors on it were red and black. The seat was black vinyl with white edging. There was a horn button on the tank, but I never put batteries in it. I gave it to one of my cousins after buying my Schwinn Suburban in 1974. That's about all I remember about it. Seems it had a model name but I can't remember what it was.

Oh, and Terry, you did a terrific job on that Lil Tiger. Looks better than brand new!

Dave

Last edited:
pimp

thats classic . did you photo shop your head on that seventies ad . love the poly pants. killer .

My first 2 wheeler was parted together from several bikes pulled out of the town recycle pile by my father. Basically a Columbia Playbike. After several years of riding "junkyard" bikes I finally got my first new Columbia like the one here only in "Radiant Mocha"View attachment 97467

Mine was a Ross also, 20 inch red, drop center wheels. Not to flashy. traded it for a goat I had.
Mitch

I can relate to that story.

cool story.

Hello All!
I had the day off today so I was hoping parts I ordered recently would have arrived so I could tinker with a few of my projects - but no luck.

After spending an hour reading updated posts here I got an idea to start a new thread hoping to get some interesting reading from your responses here???!!!

SO - What Was YOUR First 2-Wheel Bike???
(And do you still have it or one like it???)

MY first 2-wheeler was a Lowly & Humble AMF RoadMaster Jr!

The bottom bracket bearings got messed up so my Dad got rid of the bike to a friend of his from work (Very Much against my will!!!)...
... but I got Very Lucky and was able to get the bike back some years after Dad passed away!

This originally came with the Colored Hard-Plastic Seat...
... but the dealer we bought the bike from (at the New Castle County Farmer's Market) sold us the Troxel seat to replace it.
(That plastic seat HURT a young boy - even at THAT age!!!)

View attachment 97448View attachment 97449View attachment 97450
View attachment 97451View attachment 97452View attachment 97453View attachment 97454

All the kids made fun of my bike in our development because of it being a "girl or boy" convertible bike...
... but I thought it was a Great Looking bike with the tank in the up position and I was Very Proud To Have It!!!

I'll put a post in "Wanted To Buy"...
... but I'm still hoping to find a set of Bottom Bracket Bearings and the Rear Fender Reflector for this if anybody has them???
Please feel free to email me direct at [email protected] with photos & price if you have them???

Looking forward to hearing about YOUR First Bike and maybe seeing pics if you can show one!!!

Thanks!
Blessings!
Will,

Back