When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Working on a replacement wheel I got from Eric for my DX.
Dealing with brake discs and reinstalling the New Departure Hub....second one I've done.
Tedious to say the least.

tu6a4avy-1.jpg

FYI .... New Departure does have a tool that makes the reload of the whole cleaned up internal set up a easy reload into the hub --

The tool basically allows you to snug down the brake disc assembly onto the rear axle & load the lined up assembly through the rear hub - remove the tool & spin the cog on - bearing race - lock nut - washer & axle nut ... I don't have a pic currently .. but maybe someone else does .. found the tool on the large auction site ...

ride vintage .. Frank

my project

36 Colson flyer. I've had it about three years now, one of my favorite bicycles to ride and Colson's. When I got and the parts located after. The handlebar is not necessary Colson issued but indeed an early 36ish texashorn one which I really enjoy, has a very good feel when riding. The front fender had it original horn light hole patched up so I finally drilled it out and added the lite and added the long feather which is appropriate for a deluxe tall frame but it was from a girls bicycle so I had to drill the right additional ones as it is on a boys. Tough guard to come across. The rack however which is also a 35-36 tubular issued one for high end Colson in those years is nearly impossible to locate. It is missing a brace. Still a project in the works.

36 Imperial.jpg

downsized_0708131637.jpg

downsized_0708131635.jpg

downsized_0708131634.jpg

Last edited:
58 Starlet....serviced, added a seat, hours and hours of wd40 / 0000, some major waxing and buffing....and oh added her pink balloon tires with replacement heavy duty spoked S2s.
Tight fit but that's what she wanted..."PINK".

yjenyhym-1.jpg

NEXT.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

58 Starlet....serviced, added a seat, hours and hours of wd40 / 0000, some major waxing and buffing....and oh added her pink balloon tires with replacement heavy duty spoked S2s.
Tight fit but that's what she wanted..."PINK".

yjenyhym-1.jpg

NEXT.......

Looks better than I remember. Great job restoring her. Those pink tires really take it over the top!

Thanks Eric....couldn't have done it without your help my friend.
You ever need my help here in my area please don't hesitate to contact me.

Last edited:
Current condition of my Colson Project. I am currently waiting for my new wheels and chain to arrive. The last thing on the list of things to pick up is a long spring seat. Then the real challenge begins. What paint scheme should I employed?

Last edited:
Back