When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Supreme

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1) Rough up skin on forearm with coarse sandpaper 2) Rough up side of stem with same sandpaper. 3) apply Superglue to both forearm and stem. 4) Place stem on forearm immediately and hold in place for one minute.

Hey come on man this stem debate is really important to me, this is no place for jokes! Didn't you get the "Keep it on Topic" memo either?

Several months ago some members here wanted to rip me a new silly head, because I stated pertinent information about the Hendee Indian that was contradictory to everything previously known about the Indian bikes. I was challenged to share my evidence. I stepped up to the plate and submitted my documentation; that Westfield had an earlier relationship with Hendee Indians, Hendee went dormant manufacturing bicycles for many years and that Davis Sewing Machines had no relationship with Hendee!

Yet when I ask others to share their proof to their conjectures…I’m found wrong for asking! Wow, are there double standards?

Yes Shawn, I recall the RMS gooseneck discussion on my thread…I also remember the retort; "There wouldn't be a debate about the stem appearing on CWC Supremes if I hadn't started it…after studying the literature for the bikes I realized the stem was never shown or mentioned in those documents and I came to my conclusions about it." He also stated, “The debate, if there is one, needs to move on to when the cushion stem was actually first produced?”

I agree with him on this point…there’s no evidence to support the cushioned stem was not produced prior to 1936? Therefore it is plausible for a RMS to sport a cushioned stem as an aftermarket accessory, a customer's request, or a dealer installed option?

I'll certainly concede on this matter when printed material of its production year is produced, but until then I'll continue fanning the flame of the probability.

file24-1.jpg

Last edited:
The cushioner stem came with my bike, and after one ride, I found out that torsional rigidity is critical for controlling a bicycle properly. The Cushioner stem provides none of that.
So, whether or not, that model stem is correct or not correct for the 1937 Roadmaster Supreme, into the parts box it went. Since a bellows stem might as well cost $15,000 dollars, because it is just as rare as the bike itself, I went with the tried and true, period correct Wald #3. I've got one of the CWC bulge quill stems, but the Wald #3 won out because it flat out looked better on the bike, and it perfectly mimics the curve of the tank between the top tubes of the frame, is readily available, and was sold in every bike shop in the country in 1937.
I also removed the front bumper and the Tru-Speed, speedometer, because this particular bicycle is so sexy on its own merit, that hanging a bunch of clunky accessories on it, was like a splotchy tattoo on a beautiful girls ass. Your eye is immediately drawn to the blemish of the tattoo, and you don't even see the beauty that lies beneath.
The picture that Shawn posted is the way I got the bike. It was in an unrideable condition, so in the process of servicing up the bike, I took the liberty of making it my own, without removing any of its original character.
Now the bike rides like a dream, and looks like something from the Green Hornets, Super Steath Skunkworks program.
As for the bike that's for sale, two original paint 1937 Roadmaster Supremes are known to exist. The blue one and the green one. I'm sure there are more out there somewhere, but as for now, that is it. I'm pretty sure the numbers for original paint 38s are pretty similar.
You decide how much a bike that has both feet in the middle is worth. I'd say that there is only one of those known to exist, so whether it is going to be a 38 in 37s clothing or a bonafide 38, it is still a pretty rare bike.
I mean, take a close look at the tires! Those bad boys are worth a grand just by themselves.
Dan, If you decide to part this baby out. Put me down for the badge, battery cage and the tires. Heck! I'm even thinking about those og, Bluebird grips.

Last edited:
You guys kill me on this site.
What a group of drama queens!

1. Dan is a good guy and can ask, take apart, or do whatever he wants.
2. There are no absolutes, NO absolutes when it comes to these bikes.
3. Literature is a guide, not the set in stone policy some would tell you.
4. Weird bikes exist and were put together out of leftover parts or new just arrived parts.
5. Complaining about an ad posted here or on EBay makes you sound petty and like a little girl.
Try to enjoy your hobby and not ruin it for the rest of us.

You guys kill me on this site.
What a group of drama queens!

1. Dan is a good guy and can ask, take apart, or do whatever he wants.
2. There are no absolutes, NO absolutes when it comes to these bikes.
3. Literature is a guide, not the set in stone policy some would tell you.
4. Weird bikes exist and were put together out of leftover parts or new just arrived parts.
5. Complaining about an ad posted here or on EBay makes you sound petty and like a little girl.
Try to enjoy your hobby and not ruin it for the rest of us.

With all due respect Bob, the original gist of this thread was the ORIGINAL deceptive ad Dan placed on Ebay about this bike. He changed it almost immediately after Phil's post because he knew he was wrong. The original ad let on like this was an original paint bike with only a few things upgraded or changed. He posted knowing full well the history of the bike and how it was actually pieced together. So if it sounds petty when you call someone out for being dishonest then I'll be a petty mo-fo all day long. Granted this may have been a judgment slip on Dan's part and we all make mistakes but he should have posted honestly in the first place and this wouldn't have dragged on like it has. I myself have bought from Dan and never had a problem. Maybe a lesson learned. V/r Shawn

eventually

someone will post the EM(?)manufacturing ad for the cushioned stem....

Back