When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC aster motor pacer stayer steher gangmaker derny project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
early pacer.jpg
again the later pacer or "derny"

StanleyPacerBike.jpg
steam pacer!!!

early pacer.jpg

StanleyPacerBike.jpg

Sometimes when you obtain something incredibly rare and focus incredibly hard............seemingly miracles can and often do happen.........yes im bragging.........i owned this motor 24 hrs and had been told the carburator is incredibly hard to find...........like it could take yrs to find.........less than 48 hrs later i had found the correct carb thru a bit of chance following a different lead...........and was given the opportunity to own it........and i took the offer

please feel free to post any information,leads,critique..........i have thick skin and i want to build this bike right

Sometimes when you obtain something incredibly rare and focus incredibly hard............seemingly miracles can and often do happen.........yes im bragging.........i owned this motor 24 hrs and had been told the carburator is incredibly hard to find...........like it could take yrs to find.........less than 48 hrs later i had found the correct carb thru a bit of chance following a different lead...........and was given the opportunity to own it........and i took the offer

please feel free to post any information,leads,critique..........i have thick skin and i want to build this bike right

This is an ambitious build but if anyone can pull it off it's Adam...

What an incredible moment in history, anyone interested in "motor pacing" should check out the book "life in the slipstream: The story of Bobby Walthour Sr.". Can't recall the author right now but it's on Amazon. An amazing account of an often overlooked period of cycle racing lore. Talk about dare-devils....

Can't wait to see the pacer come together!

Nice!

Love the details of all things old. Those wavy brass fins are super cool. Keep posting the progress! Love it!

thanks for all the input guys! im juggling about a million projects right now and that seems to be my pattern of madness/fruition.......heres a bit of info i was told recently on my information quest.........the term "derny" is as im told actually meant for a training pacer

Last edited:
does anyone have a good way to blow up this picture enough to clearly count the spokes on this beast? everytime i do i come up with 44 spokes.......unheard of but these were very unorthodox beasts......as always any help greatly appreciated

aster pacer.jpg

Reactions: JLF
on the subject of unorthodox..........pisspoor pics of the 1899 herring pacer and mobike/motocycle

IMG_1241.jpg
IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

and another from 1899 charles jarrott......its unclear whether he built this or had it built

IMG_1245.jpg

heres the common de dion motor...........if you find one you best contact me

IMG_1244.jpg

Last edited:
Back