When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915 to 1919 Sears Chief - Documentation & Bike Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1917 Locking Stand?

1917 spring summer catalog

This description clip is opposite the full page color Chief ad. The Master bike also shows this locking drop stand in the B&W description photo opposite of it's color ad page.

1915 Sears Catalog #130 Spring & Summer Chief pages

1915 Sears Catalog #130 Spring & Summer Chief pages from my collection.

IMG_0343_zps8bb17d32-1.jpg

IMG_0342_zpsfcf68bf6-1.jpg

IMG_0347_zpsb93e8dc4-1.jpg

IMG_0357_zps3c0caa9a-1.jpg

Just noticed the Chief text page is not legible, I'll take a better pic & repost later today.

Sears Chief and Master project bikes

Just picked up these two bikes this weekend. One Chief and one Master, they need some TLC, but should be fun riders eventually. Over the winter I'll look at repainting them. Anyone have a good image of the Master bikes paint schemes or color options? I also need a badge for the Chief, Thanks.

Chief has the coaster brake corbin rear hub.

Dave

100_6171.jpg

100_6172.jpg

100_6173.jpg

100_6174.jpg

100_6175.jpg

100_6176.jpg

lucky man! nice finds!

Nick,

Just picked up these two bikes this weekend. One Chief and one Master, they need some TLC, but should be fun riders eventually. Over the winter I'll look at repainting them. Anyone have a good image of the Master bikes paint schemes or color options? I also need a badge for the Chief, Thanks.

Chief has the coaster brake corbin rear hub.

Dave

great score dave,but the master looks different than other masters i've seen.it looks to be davis built with the lugs on the frame.it should look like the bike below.but it still could be a master of a different year.the headbadge looks to be original to the bike.

Attachments

• mas.jpg
    mas.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Sears Chief and Master project bikes

Thanks guys, these are definitely fun bikes. The chief is getting disassembled tonight to get ready to paint. I've seen a couple of restored bikes, but the yellow seems to vary among them, anyone have any insight on the correct shade of yellow? Someone also mentioned the spear length varied on the years, I wonder what year my chief would be...

I'm still trying to figure out more on the Master bike. I wonder if it would have a similar paint and spear pattern to a chief, just with black and green as the color combination?

Also, I'm still looking for a Chief badge, have a few good trade options for people.

Thanks guys, these are definitely fun bikes. The chief is getting disassembled tonight to get ready to paint. I've seen a couple of restored bikes, but the yellow seems to vary among them, anyone have any insight on the correct shade of yellow? Someone also mentioned the spear length varied on the years, I wonder what year my chief would be...

I'm still trying to figure out more on the Master bike. I wonder if it would have a similar paint and spear pattern to a chief, just with black and green as the color combination?

Also, I'm still looking for a Chief badge, have a few good trade options for people.

Original colors for the Chief were ivory & rich cherry red only for all years. The yellow color you commonly see on these is yellowing from almost 100 years of oxidation of what was originally ivory in color, almost white in color. Same with the brownish red. When I removed the orange house paint from parts of mine it revealed fairly good original color that had obviously been painted on long ago before the yellowing/aging you commonly see could occur. Yellow would be incorrect if you are looking to go back original.

IMG_1951_zpsd2e3935e-1.jpg

IMG_1948_zps88b97caf-1.jpg

Back