When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn serial list

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
ok, so if I'm reading this right, this is a 1938?

PB081204_zps3475f9cb-1.jpg

OK Thanks Obi....I'm still confused but, appreciate the info.
Pre 48 confuses many of us....especially me.
That's why I'm here.

ok, so if I'm reading this right, this is a 1938?

PB081204_zps3475f9cb-1.jpg

Scott, it is a late 38 or early 39. I only have a couple A and B serial numbers, one being my brown super deluxe (B19111). However, I am starting to think that might be a 39. The only way to really tell is by the brake lever (large stamped) but even the catalog shows a DX with a shorty.

Scott, it is a late 38 or early 39. I only have a couple A and B serial numbers, one being my brown super deluxe (B19111). However, I am starting to think that might be a 39. The only way to really tell is by the brake lever (large stamped) but even the catalog shows a DX with a shorty.

does it make a difference if this is the bike? it has flat braces on the front fender which I think is original. the rear fender has been changed I think.

PB091209sm_zps572f9eb8-1.jpg

Century

Attaching a photo of my Century badged BC 117 Standard. The serial is B64468. 1939? Thanks for putting together this early serial list!

Century Schwinn 003.jpg

Back