When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Off Your Vintage Bicycle Advertising

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK. Here's a few things....

Attachments

• P10jj10003 (2).jpg
    P10jj10003 (2).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 133
  • P1011915.jpg
    P1011915.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 132
  • P1012lll081.jpg
    P1012lll081.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 145
Lately, for some strange and unknown reason, I've been into patch kits. It seems like everybody had their own brand of patch kit available.
I picked up one, and then another and then another. I don't really want to be the patch kit king, but, I can't resist a nice Dutch Brand or a Firestone, when I see one.

Your Highness....
If in the future should you feel the need to banish from your domain any kits that
you no longer desire....I....Sir 2jakes from the House of Common Patch Kit Hoarding
will be most delighted in procuring unwanted items for a fair sum...

Respectfully...
2jakes

29ap99s-1.jpg

my humble collection

Your humble collection is very worthy of the crown.
I thought it was interesting when I first stumbled onto the Camel kit, because I thought, Those sneaky bastards were supplying patch kits to kids, to get them familiar with the brand, so that they would start smoking Camels.
I was also interested in the Allstate kit because I found one exactly like it from Sears, but it was called Cross Country. Does anybody know if the Cross Country brand came before or after the Allstate brand?

Your humble collection is very worthy of the crown.
I thought it was interesting when I first stumbled onto the Camel kit, because I thought, Those sneaky bastards were supplying patch kits to kids, to get them familiar with the brand, so that they would start smoking Camels.
I was also interested in the Allstate kit because I found one exactly like it from Sears, but it was called Cross Country. Does anybody know if the Cross Country brand came before or after the Allstate brand?

It was a different time period & with the depression many adults used the bicycles for transportation.
The first baseball trading cards if I'm not mistaken were offered in tobacco products starting around 1880s.
Later, companies used the baseball cards to promote their products like cracker jacks & bubble gum...
For 1¢ you got the card plus gum. Cracker Jacks were 10¢. And I never kept the wrappers....
nowadays those wrappers alone are worth $$$$ :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These were a promotional item in 1948. A series of comic book ads got kids to send for a free Columbia Catalog and for an extra 15 cents get this whistle.

SV106744.JPG

Back