When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
To be honest I myself don't even know who manufactured the ladies model. I could be comparing a Davis frame to a Miami frame but, until a frame is found that closer matches the champion ad better then my Miami frame I'm going to say its Miami made.

Nick.

Nick,

Last week we conceded that the beefy arch fender brace was a Miami signature feature!

The girls frame that you're comparing is inconsistent with the above hypothesis!

Instead the Black Beauty's frame as seen here and in the Haverford catalog visually articulates the difference; smaller fender brace tubing, a more relaxed arch brace, lacks the semi-circular at the top and the bottom!

I’m sorry, but the more physical evidence you share, the more transparent it becomes (to me) that Haverford does not have Miami’s DNA.

Here is the Miami frame next to a true black beauty frame.]

SAY WHAT? Are you making this up as you go along? One minute you're adamant the frame is "a true black beauty", now you're backing off, "I could be comparing a Davis frame to a Miami frame?"

This is how the water gets muddy with inaccuracies and misled information!

I think we need to call a spade, a spade! In other words you have a Miami frame you'll convert into a Haverford Bicycle!

What I'm saying is the ladies frame could be made by a number of manufactures, I compared it to a Miami built showing differences, remember that multiple companies made black beauty and even seen in different ads. In other words I could have been comparing a Davis, excelsior or a Haverford made bike to a Miami but, I don't know. I was simply trying to say that I believe that Miami also built some of the black beautys.
("true black beauty") means that's where I got my head badge.

Nick.

SAY WHAT? Are you making this up as you go along? One minute you're adamant the frame is "a true black beauty", now you're backing off, "I could be comparing a Davis frame to a Miami frame?"

This is how the water gets muddy with inaccuracies and misled information!

I think we need to call a spade, a spade! In other words you have a Miami frame you'll convert into a Haverford Bicycle!

Are you making this up as you go along?

frabzSirIllhaveyouknowIresemblethatremar-1.jpg

Thanks. Wow I first thought that I could not post pics from sites but I was wrong. The arch bar u pictured has some similarities but mine are larger around with a interesting shape like a D. I got to say... Wow great fork.!!!! Rare rare rare! Now I got a few pics of mine on closer inspection and couple pics of a merkel cycle for references. I know it's a motor cycle but they have interesting similarities. Note the fork on the merkel the brace has similar fish mouth connection. The braces on the frame are similar also.
You should not downloand and reproduce images from a website without having the webmaster's permission.
http://www.copyrightlaws.com/us/legally-using-images/

What are you the web police? If you don't want to have pics posted don't post them. Some sites dont let you and that's fine. You throw your ass out for every one to see and expect it not to get attention look at Pinterest site my blue bird is on it and every one of the google sites with out my permission as a few pics on this site with out my permission. It's there and I'm alive no hurt too me. If you feel that is so secret stay off and don't post.

If you can't read it's for copy right on commercial use with out permission also no expressed disclaimer? Posted on the subject. Do you see any?

Last edited:
Back