When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, who collects early racing bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Alvyn Drysedale Velox
velox1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Suddenly, what does "early" mean?? I thought pre 1920, or... pre '10 no?

I definitely want to .Well , Iver Johnson specific of course . I had the opportunity quite a few years back at Copake , and dumb-ass me let it go . Copper paint / chrome head & fork model 90 for $400 , now I need a mortgage to own one . I'm still hopeful ,

P.S. If anyone is willing to part with one,,, I have some money waiting .

I have an 1898 Columbia Racer (Model 49)

I would like to see the pic of the Model 49. Is it the one that was bought off eBay about 3 yrs ago? That was a nice 49 and went cheap!!! It was
an original if I remember and I never did keep the pics of it. I would really like to see it please.

I've been on the hunt for a 1895 Model 44 for a very long time. Finally found one and waiting for pics to come in. I have the 1894 Columbia Model 37
Factory Semi-Racer and also the 1902 Columbia Model 83 Factory Racer. I never bought the #49 because Eddie Bald never raced on a Model 49.
I collect Eddie Bald related material, especially with his Columbia and Barnes. When the Model #49 came out, he wasn't racing for Columbia anymore
and was racing a Barnes Flyer.

WANTED - I am on the HUNT for a Columbia Model #33 if anyone has one of those..( and of course a Barnes Flyer - I know of one and it's not for sale at the moment )

I'm not so much a collector, I just have a ~1909 Iver Johnson Special Racer. I love the bike, but I'm not really looking to make a collection as I prefer old bikes to be original, but the additional bikes I want I want to customize because that's the part I enjoy most, so I don't see anything else very collectible for me anytime soon.

Back